St Olaves Marina

quo vadis

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Can we rename the marina.......st olaves kurling stadium!!, it,s still absolutly frozen!!! to a depth of 3 inches :cry

Now`s your chance Trev, go and fill a kettle with stones and see how far you can get it :lol::lol::lol::lol: .

Jay and me will not be volunteering to whomp :shocked

Having whomped our way out of malthouse broad 2 years ago (with the blisters to prove it :bow ) and whomped our way up the Ant last year, whomping is not on the cards this year :roll:

However, we could/will be around to give copious amounts of whomping advise :grin:

Lou xx cheers

I'll be going down on Thursday to try to thaw out the boat (frozen bog could be a bit of an issue! :( ) and put the heating on to try to make it habitable! Is anyone around for a communal whomping? Having not been well versed in the art of said whomping I do need some lessons!

Diesel Falcon; Whoomping (please note double O) is similar to tapping, you know the constant noise from your engine bay! but whoomping is more severe as in hitting the ice with a bloody great big iron bar as Quo Vadis rightly pointed out you were so doing during your visit yesterday whilst other forum members looked on. Its a shame that after 10 minutes of harsh whoomping you managed only to break approximately one cup full. As for your Curling (please note C not K) the idea of filling your kettle was a good one but you'd have to phone Sue and ask her what it looked like. :roll::lol::wave

Just back from Brundall where I went to prepare Friday Girl for NYE... couldn't get onboard as she was surrounded by ice 2-3ins thick; so I couldn't pull her in to the pontoon... :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Doesn't look good for Coldham Hall at the moment and it's very foggy there (and forecast to stay so) with the temperature about 2degs... :cry:cry:cry