A Lighter Note - Thank You So Much For The Web Cams

Hylander

I keep an eye on such cameras as I can find several times a week. It maintains a certain degree of sanity.

The empty car park at Herbert Woods is scary.

Most of the ducks have seemingly disappeared at PH and the swans look lost - and probably a bit hungry !!

I wish there was a camera at Richardsons, it would be nice to keep an eye on the Ant. I think they used to have one but not now apparently.

Screenshot_2020-03-26 Norfolk Broads Webcam - Herbert Woods2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting the photos. I love webcams. I'm always on the lookout for new ones to bookmark. Currently my list goes from Sydney Harbour to Florida, from the Shetlands to Portsmouth ... always via the Norfolk Broads of course.

How about this one in Great Yarmouth ... that's almost the Broads. :)

https://www.great-yarmouth.co.uk/visitor-info/webcam.aspx

Snapped just now. Looks like a beautiful day on the coast.

Untitled.png.5b784f5ca9162501e23823ae624c157b.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Guest GreenJack

I have to say I love the webcams too.

Oulton Broad having to be my favourite. Looking over that Broad on a sunny summers day is just perfection

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished a virtual tour of the south coast by webcam. From Bournemouth round the coast to Southend. I have to say the quality of the cameras is variable, to be polite, but they all show the same thing - deserted beaches, one or two people here and there but that is it. The papers are probably looking for a riot somewhere........

Jumped up to Norfolk, even quieter to be honest, as you might expect, I described Potter Heigham as scary earlier but now even the birds have disappeared. If it wasn't for the occasional movement you'd think everyone has left.

At least Wroxham seem to be hanging on to their swans, around 20 of them. I think a couple moved into their boat (Red Canopy) opposite Barnes on Thursday, still lights at night, that's the nearest they'll get to a weekend away. I just hope they haven't travelled far.

Couple of pics from Great Yarmouth today at 1pm:  

image.png

image.png

• Like 4

I did something similar yesterday. From Lerwick down to Bognor Regis everywhere looked fairly deserted. 

Such a shame. It would have been a bumper start to the holiday season. Ah well, just got to get on with it.

I did see a boat going down through Wroxham on the BB webcam earlier. Looks to have tucked itself in at Granary Staithe, if I've got the name right, by where the pilot moors. Didn't look like a hireboat. Might be someone who lives on their boat and needs shopping. Who knows.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interestingly, looking at their website, you are able to book a dayboat from the 4th June. I wonder if the day cruisers have been taken away for a spruce up? I'v been wondering when the day boat operators would restart. If done properly, I can't see that there would be anything to stop it now. 

15 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Interestingly, looking at their website, you are able to book a dayboat from the 4th June. I wonder if the day cruisers have been taken away for a spruce up? I'v been wondering when the day boat operators would restart. If done properly, I can't see that there would be anything to stop it now. 

It looked like one of them was chocked outside the shed earlier where the crane is (With slings hanging loose) so the rest are probably inside, you may be correct. There is another small boat there at the moment.

Woods does seem a bit more active today, as does the Ranger ! Checked PH three times so far today and the Ranger has been there in three different positions.

1 hour ago, DAVIDH said:

I can't see how they can offer that until they know what the next rule change will be. It would be virtually impossible to police whether all the occupants were from the same household.