Norfolk Based 3d Printers - Print For Nhs

JawsOrca

Random hope here.

If there are any 3D printer owners lurking and can help printing some URGENTLY required face shields for the Norfolk and Norwich.. Please Please can you contact the Covid Cell via nnuh switchboard 01603 286286 tomorrow morning from 8 am many many thanks.

Model is here: https://3dverkstan.se/protective-visor/protective-visor-print-guide/

This is the plastic - https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=plastic+binding+covers&ref=choice_dp_b

Please offer FOC. Please don't delay.

I would offer but I'm not in norfolk and printing for local trusts at present.

• Like 1

All, this has gone nuts, I've joined forces with friends (Even our grendal), I've lost count how many printers we have as a group now, but we are printing hundreds and hundreds of these a day and they are going everwhere (even up to stalham :) )..

Please though it's time we need (and more printers) if you can dig a little deap to help the effort and potentially really help our NHS please do:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/covid-19-visors/

It's not just us though worldwide pretty much every 3D printer is printing and we are making hundreads of thousands of these.

(Admin feel free to delete although I assure you this is only to help with materials, if we don't use all the funds it will be donated probably someway into the NHS).

Thanks.

• Thanks 3

my production is nowhere like the scale that JO is producing, but I have ordered materials (if Amazon can deliver them) to over £100 for my part in this effort, and my printer will be printing these for the forseeable future at a rate of 1 an hour.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I've handed out 110 visors myself today alone, including the covid wards at dartford hospital (Yup that have no visors currently), several care homes, teachers still teaching key worker or those vunerable, pharmacies, my mate in surrey has handed out 200 in 24 hours, to hospitals there. 

Some people are close to tears receiving these, including my pharmacy here.  It really seems these will make a difference.  If you can support us please do (we don't get the crowdfunding until the end which I think is a months time so we are having to do this all ourselves but please still help to support as means we just wont stop - Maybe thats what credit cards are really for ey!. I guess there's also an increased risk in us all catching by delivering and meeting people but kinda worth it). 

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/covid-19-visors/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, WherryNice said:

Well done to Alan, Grendel and everyone else taking part in this, great to see! I have slipped a  donation into the pot, it's not huge but I hope it helps.

Thank you sir, at around 30p a mask every little helps and even if one life is saved then its well worth it clearly.

• Like 5

I have just returned from delivering the first 31 masks to canterbury hospital, i just delivered the box to the A&E entrance and handed them in, one of the nurses came out and said thank you, and that they could put them to good use.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

I'd thought I'd pop an update.  (Just spotted your update there @grendel, excellent work buddy!)

Updates have been coming from my mate Simon on the crowdfunding though.. Firstly a massive thanks to the NBN'ers who have donated I certainly recognise some names on there so excellent thanks so so much). Another massive thanks and he knows I can' thank him enough is NBN'er @psychicsurveyor who has been keeping my personal finances feed via generous donations from the Gillingham Round Table (crowdfunding money doesn' t come to then and this isn't cheap now!) so a massive thanks again and to Barry of course.

So I sadly only have 2 printers here as I'm aboard and can't push my marina supply however I'm getting about 60 masks daily out the door, however my friend Simon who I helped get going has set up a 20 machine print farm over in surrey and is really right in the middle of the fight and is getting throwing visors out (He's burning through hundreds of pounds daily), there's 4 or 5 other people with more printers joining daily.. Initial estimates are that  as a group we are surpassing 5000 visors created with a good 5000 in the making for the next week or so, so it's looking like we will certainly surpass 10000 visors ..

Some places our masks have helped: Doctors in Stalham, care homes and workers in southend (Don't worry I know 3 teams across Essex, suffolk, and Norfolk all helping there), Childresn Critical care unit in Barts hopital :( , Londons nightingale hospital,  numerous COVID wards across, Kent, Surrey, Hampshire even down in southampton. Numerous care homes, key workers, transport workers, shops, charities again across the home counties.

We've received words of support from many many people, we've been on the radio and in the press (Well Simon was, i told them where to stick it) We've had words of thanks from local councillors and MP's and have really have been a pop up key service here in the southeast and it's not over but thankfully demand is dropping as the NHS is now getting supplies but I doubt any of us will stop printing until the very last person needs or wants a visor. 

I'm not one to beg for money and our crowd funding is doing well but the costs are pretty scary (A weeks order for raw plastic was placed on thursday and was over £1.5k!) , if you can support or share please do: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/covid-19-visors#start.  There are many other groups like us we are by no means special but it seems we are doing well to get these right where they are needed quickly and hopefully helped.   

If anything though, please support our NHS, please STAYHOME.

• Like 2

Glad to help Alan.

You are doing fantastic work, thank you on behalf of every single person who has received one.

It also gives me a legitimate reason to go out to collect them from you and pass on to brother Barry to deliver them.

The response he is getting is humbling.

• Thanks 1

my next batch of 30 is destined for a local care home with i suspected and one confirmed case, I was asked by my daughters partner who work there as they basically can get zero ppi (too low on the pecking order), so i have dedicated the next 30 odd to go there, only about 10 left to print to clear that order.

• Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...

Time for another update.

It's getting a little hard to work out the numbers.

I've handed out I think about 1200 - 1300 visors myself and still going :) 

My friend simon in surrey now has 10+ printers I think and he's done about 7000. We think 3 others in the groups are at least about 1000 (and I think there's a couple more I don't now about helping in surrey) so as I group which I set up have handed out almost 10k visors. 

It may not sound alot but considering it's done with about £6k it's not bad and considering a larger national group of 800 people and £125k donations have handed out about 80k visors, so we are doing pretty well.  I'm 100% certain that we now must have SAVED A LIVE. (Which is pretty cool to think about and the reason I started printing!!).

We have reached (as far as I can track) As north as Liverpool, east into norfolk, south east into Kent, south west into Bournemouth and many thousands into London and home counties, we are still a key service for several NHS trusts.  We are now helping lots and lots of care homes which is where the current front line in and there seems to be lots of care homes who still don't have access to these.

All visors are given away free, to be honest I suspect the crowdfunding now WONT cover all of costs once we work it all out as we don't get the crowd funding money until the end of the run (which is another month), so there's lots of individuals savings and credit being used (It's pretty scary). 

Please though if you can dig deep, no ones going to stop anytime soon as these are so needed and even if we don't save more lives we are helping people feel safe and carry on being our heros and our life savers.

Please support us: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/covid-19-visors/

• Like 3

I really would like to help here, just as I wanted to Help Chelsea14Ian - but my current circumstances just won't allow it.  Once I get back to work then I could do so, after I have played catch up for goodness knows how long.  By then it'll be too late of course

Griff

• Like 1
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

I really would like to help here, just as I wanted to Help Chelsea14Ian - but my current circumstances just won't allow it.  Once I get back to work then I could do so, after I have played catch up for goodness knows how long.  By then it'll be too late of course

Griff

Hi Griff, Thanks for the message here, obviously understand its tough for many, but by staying at home though you are helping in immeasurable ways and that at the moment is the most important thing.  Everything crossed the situation continues to improve and you are back on your feet soon.

• Like 3

I too have been printing these off, was getting 4 an hour off two printers but currently waiting for a couple of spares for one printer which has slowed me down a bit, probably done around 160 up to now .keep up the good work everyone.

20200426_194154.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jocave said:

I too have been printing these off, was getting 4 an hour off two printers but currently waiting for a couple of spares for one printer which has slowed me down a bit, probably done around 160 up to now .keep up the good work everyone.

Excellent work :) where in the world are you supplying? 

What spares do you need?? 

https://avow.org/donate/

That's not a link asking for donation just to inform jawsOrca who is receiving  them , I have ordered the parts, I was hoping they would arrive today but no show unfortunatly, I'm waiting for a ribbon cable for an artillery genius and extra .6 nozzles for that and the creality one , the creality is still producing with a .4 at the moment but only getting off 2 an hour .

• Like 1

These are going to a care home in Milford Haven , my elderly mother is altering scrubs that have been delivered in sizes xl to carers that are size 10 or less, she has told them what I am doing so sending a box full down to them 

• Love 1