Working From Home

grendel

We had a virtual team coffee morning this morning. My boss made the mistake of mentioning that his wife was also in a team Skype call in another room, but had her video on as all her team had agreed to turn up in wigs. Apparently her's was a Dolly Parton wig, so we are all trying to egg our boss Gary to wear it for our next meeting,

:default_rofl:

• Haha 1

so while the rest of our company has furloughed about 750 of our 1200 employees, I am busier than ever, though a lot of our sites are shutting down we are able to continue with emergency work and off site works (while the roads are less busy this is an ideal time for it) thus keeping the remainder of our teams working, as part of this we have a large project in hand that we have to complete, we are changing a whole lot of our fibre data cabinets over from BT to Sky, all the work for this can be done off site and within the government guidelines, so to keep them busy we are having to go in and reserve the BT duct routes from the sky exchanges to site (while some may not see this work as entirely essential it keeps some of our construction teams off of furlough and working so we have staff available to respond to emergency situations and keep people on supply, as we cant just furlough them and bring them back in then put them back on furlough) so my work situation (as I do these designs), has just ramped up from more than normal work, to flat out working while I do additional work to get these designs out - there are 6 of us turning out these designs and we have just received our second batch of 6 new jobs each (we have 500 to be done and I think to date we have 50 done).