Mr G Belli

Gio63

Hi all, hope you're all well and safe. I'm new to the Broads and boating and was hoping to purchase a small cabin cruiser/motor boat with overnight sleeping in it.

I will be visiting the Broads after this damned pandemic is over, sooner rather than later.

Could anyone help with ideas for an inexpensive starter boat that i can tow with my 2.8 deisel jeep and possibly moor up for few months in summer and then bring it home after.

I was looking at Falcon 22 Shetland Saxon or 4 + 2 or possibly a Viking.

Also recommendations on mooring.

I live in Peak district about 3.5 hours away.

Regards and STAY SAFE

• Like 2

Do remember that petrol is not available when afloat on the Broads so you would have to bring it with you , plenty of relatively inexpensive trailerable boats online (subject to the towing restrictions of your towing vehicle).

the Shetland you mentioned is ideal for a weekend afloat but a bit restricting for longer visits , if you are choosing the trailerable route then I would recommend choosing one with a low airdraft to enable passage under all bridges .

finally a warm welcome to our little corner of the web from Katie and I

• Like 1

Sounds good to me,yes it will be good when we can get on the water.Out first boat we bought was a Shetland 4+2.During this horrible time check on websites see what's on offer.Think there will be some good deals available. 

Welcome to the forum  Ian

• Thanks 1