Tim And Pru On The Broads

Poppy

2 hours ago, Poppy said:

Get your 'fix' on the telly.

The 'Broads edition of Great Canal Journeys is being repeated tonight on Channel 4  at 8.00pm tonight, Saturday 4th April for those interested.

Thanks Poppy & Vanessan...record button pressed.

Floydraser I think you are entirely wrong.I was on the support boat which was also second camera boat. They were quite lovely people and in fact enjoyed it so much they gave up their hotel room to stay on the boat.We all ate with them every night, they were very professional and often put in 10 or 11 hour days baring in mind they are both well into their eighties,and pru having dementure

Timothy drove the boat at all times from the fly bridge .Pru had her mooring parts stage managed for obvious reasons,  their daughter was also on board taking care of her mothers make up and wardrobe . All in all  a very pleasant few days with an insight into TV  program filming . edit to add they loved the way people waved to them when passing on the river.

• Like 11

There is a book, Great Canal Journeys: A Lifetime of Memories on Britain's Most Beautiful Waterways, which Timothy West wrote which I think includes some incite into the making of the series. It would probably be an interesting read. I did see it in our local library one day but had too much else to carry to borrow it at the time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Springsong said:

Floydraser I think you are entirely wrong.I was on the support boat which was also second camera boat. They were quite lovely people and in fact enjoyed it so much they gave up their hotel room to stay on the boat.We all ate with them every night, they were very professional and often put in 10 or 11 hour days baring in mind they are both well into their eighties,and pru having dementure

Timothy drove the boat at all times from the fly bridge .Pru had her mooring parts stage managed for obvious reasons,  their daughter was also on board taking care of her mothers make up and wardrobe . All in all  a very pleasant few days with an insight into TV  program filming . edit to add they loved the way people waved to them when passing on the river.

Crikey, here we go again! I didn't actually insult them did I? I can only express an opinion on what I see on the TV without insider knowledge of course. With so much success and wealth behind them for such a long time, as Pru said, why has it taken them 80 years to discover the Broads on their own doorstep? The Broads never appealled to them enough in the past for them to give it a try, whatever they may say now. Of course they were nice when you met them; they are nice people. My opinion is just that, it's not entirely wrong because they are nice people.

23 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Would of been great if they filmed it over 2 episodes..  A week up north then a week down south .. Great program tho and lovely boat they was on.. It does make you miss the rivers even more... Wont be long before we are all back on them...

I agree, they of course had their own Narrow Boat for many years whilst their children were growing up. I like the Broads but my first love for boating will always be the canals. Our first holiday on a Narrow Boat ws 1974 and on and off we have been going ever since, as our crew is getting older (bearing in mind I am the youngest 69 in October), and sadly have not been four about 3 years.

Sadly I doubt that we will get back on our boats before June or maybe July at the earliest.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, annv said:

It would be nice if they made a film of making the tv documentary to see what goes on behind the scenes, i have seen a couple and found them more interesting then the finished film. John

I agree I really enjoy the BBC "diaries" at the end of some programmes.