Anyone Had A Call From Richardson,s Yet?

Thiswan

22 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Depends when you are due to go. reasonable time has a different meaning at the moment.

22 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Depends when you are due to go. reasonable time has a different meaning at the moment.

Sorry I meant my planed holiday has already passed 30/03/2020 it's a lot of money to be doing nothing in these troubled times although I would re-book when this nightmare ends all being well.

• Like 1

Definately call, I agree with Vaughan.

Just a reminder, without trying to teach people to suck eggs but it is easy to forget when everyone is under pressure.

Get the person's name that you are talking to. Ask them to confirm by e-mail and if they don't, you confirm it by e-mail.

Remember by re-arranging, it is you who are doing the favour, as a customer you are helping them by not making a run on their cash and in many cases it is you who are taking the risk that the business will be there next year to honour their committment. 

And lastly do not confuse the arguements on this forum of supporting The Broads by paying the tolls and letting a commercial enterprise hold your money. The former is direct support the latter very much indirect.

• Like 3

I too am expecting a phone call from Richardsons shortly as our holiday is due 12th May,  not that long and would think that will be cancelled.   I know it is a blow but the longer this quarantine period goes on the safer in the long run we will all be.

• Like 3

mine from marthams was postponed last tuesday 6 weeks before the holiday was due, they had posted that they would contact 6 weeks prior on their facebook page and sure enough they did, now i know they have probably a lot less boats booked out on any one week, but surely Richardsons should be able to keep track of things, they probably are concentrating on upcoming hires and may have forgotten about the ones that happened in the first week of lockdown.

• Like 2

I have a boat booked with Richardsons for 2 weeks from May 2.I expect they are waiting to see if the lockdown is extended before making any decisions.Although i do not expect the holiday to go ahead i would like to use the money i,ve already paid them to be used to pay for a boat i,ve got booked for October with them.At least that way they still have my money.

• Like 5

On 07/04/2020 at 21:54, Thiswan said:

Regarding  Refund or  Rearrange for lost holiday. Their website says not to contact them they will contact you  but how long is it reasonable to wait?

If and when you do hear from Richardsons,  can you let us know how you got on please?    We will have some idea of how to proceed when it gets to our holidays.       

Stay safe.

48 minutes ago, Hylander said:

If and when you do hear from Richardsons,  can you let us know how you got on please?    We will have some idea of how to proceed when it gets to our holidays.       

Stay safe.

What the website says is all very well. The date of your holiday, for which you had paid, is passed, and their conditions of hire are specific that you are entitled to a refund in this case, or you can choose to re - book for a later date.

I am afraid that without any contact, that means they are hanging on to your money. I am sure this is probably a clerical error of some sort, but you should now make contact with them.

Did you book through Hoseasons? In which case ring them, as they are the agent. Looking after their customers, is what they charge commission for!

• Like 4

Thanks folk all sorted with Richardson's yesterday  they were waiting for me to get in touch, a misunderstanding. A refund and I'll re- apply when the nightmare ends all being well thanks to all on here and Richardson's were more than helpful.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Had an email from Richardsons this afternoon.   Telephoned the number immediately and hung on for over an hour, apparently we were 17 in the queue.    Then the phone went dead ,  battery ran out on the land line phone,  so will try again on Monday,  so frustrating.    The old type phone would have been fine.  The battery phones are useless.

Wish they had an email address.

• Like 1

I emailed Richardsons this morning and they rang me just after lunch.The 2 week holiday in May has become a 1 week holiday in late June on Swan Rapture with the partial refund i was due taken off my October holiday on Carousel.I just hope i,m not having another conversation with them in early June.

• Like 3

I tried to push 1 to get them to ring back but no luck, really upset that we could not get through.

I emailed Richardsons this morning and they rang me just after lunch.The 2 week holiday in May has become a 1 week holiday in late June on Swan Rapture with the partial refund i was due taken off my October holiday on Carousel.I just hope i,m not having another conversation with them in early June.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Hope it all works out for you guys. My problem now is getting hold of the Bank an hour delay at least costing £30 with the old phones you either got through or busy not costing  a fortune with  no result at the end of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hylander said:

Had an email from Richardsons this afternoon.   Telephoned the number immediately and hung on for over an hour, apparently we were 17 in the queue.    Then the phone went dead ,  battery ran out on the land line phone,  so will try again on Monday,  so frustrating.    The old type phone would have been fine.  The battery phones are useless.

Wish they had an email address.

I used the enquiry one on their Website they came back quite quickly.