Food Delivery..

We had an Asda delivery yesterday afternoon. Never has a household been so excited by £70 ish worth of groceries. We've made do with essentials from the village Coop which has been brilliant, however we were running low on rice, pasta, vegetables, tonic, etc....

Each item was carefully examined before being put away, almost like it was Christmas. Managed to get a tub of Sutherlands Potted Beef, all is well with the world.

• Like 1

Tomorrow I hope to pickup a click and collect order from morrisons. I have lost count of the time I have spent even trying to get a slot with any of the supermarkets. We have been in isolation as recommended by Ruth's doctor but we don't appear on the' at risk ' list so don't get any priority with delivery or collect. So finger are crossed that what I've ordered is available as we are down to our last fresh carrot and a few spuds otherwise it's all tinned and dried from the back of the cupboard.

Colin :default_drinks:

• Like 2

Mission accomplished.  Thankyou Morrisons and bigger Thankyou to the young lady that loaded my car. Only had to wait 10 mins as only on other being loaded.

Hopefully this lot we last us a few weeks. The beer might not but we still have the gin store or should I say ' Ruth's gin store '. :default_winko:

image.thumb.jpeg.1dc41eb778d3f885ddcfcb2c72b6007b.jpeg

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We had an order from Waitrose on Monday. I was highly impressed when their liveried footman came down the drive with a green insulated zip bag and opened it to reveal a brace of partridge and a dozen quail's eggs. Good substitution for the small roasting chicken we ordered:4_joy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not sure if Adnams do online but they are certainly the good guys - cancelled rent for all their tenants while the pubs have closed. Greedy Greene King still charging rent even though the pubs have no customers. Lacons are actually giving beer away rather than pouring it down the drain. Encourages folk to stay at home too. Cracking beer. 

I have found shopping to be the most difficult part of all this. So I was pleasantly surprised to log onto Morrison's site and find plenty of availability over the next two weeks. I could even have placed an order for delivery on Monday. However having stocked up at Sainsbury's on Tuesday I don't need that much at the moment. But I've placed an order for the following week by which time we will have eaten a lot of what we have got in the fridge and freezer at the moment.

• Like 2

Guest Jayfire
1 hour ago, wombat nee blownup said:

Restrictions from what exactly please?

The maximum of 4 per item limit, they are also opening most stores until 10pm from next Tuesday too.

7 hours ago, wombat nee blownup said:

Restrictions from what exactly please?

I ordered something from Aldi online ages ago so now I'm on their mailing list and regular updates"from the CEO" like all the other mailing lists. Here's a quote:

"Our suppliers and colleagues have worked incredibly hard during recent weeks to keep our stores well stocked. Our customers have also played their part by only purchasing what they need.

Thanks to these combined efforts, we have good availability across all of our stores and, from Monday 13th April, we will remove all of our remaining product restrictions.

Our shelves are now well stocked throughout the day, so there is no need to visit stores first thing in the morning. In fact, from Tuesday 14th April, we will be extending our opening hours in almost all of our stores so you can shop until 10pm Monday to Saturday, when our stores are quieter. Normal Sunday opening hours remain in place."

On 10/04/2020 at 12:17, Islander said:

Mission accomplished.  Thankyou Morrisons and bigger Thankyou to the young lady that loaded my car. Only had to wait 10 mins as only on other being loaded.

Hopefully this lot we last us a few weeks. The beer might not but we still have the gin store or should I say ' Ruth's gin store '. :default_winko:

image.thumb.jpeg.1dc41eb778d3f885ddcfcb2c72b6007b.jpeg

Stay safe everyone.

Bud for me is like drinking water. Perhaps you need to try Stella or a good Norfolk Ale!

• Like 1

On 10/04/2020 at 23:17, floydraser said:

I ordered something from Aldi online ages ago so now I'm on their mailing list and regular updates"from the CEO" like all the other mailing lists. Here's a quote:

"Our suppliers and colleagues have worked incredibly hard during recent weeks to keep our stores well stocked. Our customers have also played their part by only purchasing what they need.

Thanks to these combined efforts, we have good availability across all of our stores and, from Monday 13th April, we will remove all of our remaining product restrictions.

Our shelves are now well stocked throughout the day, so there is no need to visit stores first thing in the morning. In fact, from Tuesday 14th April, we will be extending our opening hours in almost all of our stores so you can shop until 10pm Monday to Saturday, when our stores are quieter. Normal Sunday opening hours remain in place."

Well my on line order from Sainsburys this morning is full of items that have not been substituted , apparently nothing else on shelf.     Silly things like coffee (you telling me there is no coffee in Sainsburys).   Mostly I get the newspaper in my delivery, not there, nor a lot of what I call mundane items.  Usually and for the past weeks ( I always shop on line with Sainsburys anyway) most items have been there.    Well got to be thankful for any delivery really.    I am one of the lucky ones.   My sister who is 81 and lives in Kent is having to go shopping as cannot get an on line shop.  I do worry for her.