Food Delivery..

2 hours ago, Hylander said:

Well my on line order from Sainsburys this morning is full of items that have not been substituted , apparently nothing else on shelf.     Silly things like coffee (you telling me there is no coffee in Sainsburys).   Mostly I get the newspaper in my delivery, not there, nor a lot of what I call mundane items.  Usually and for the past weeks ( I always shop on line with Sainsburys anyway) most items have been there.    Well got to be thankful for any delivery really.    I am one of the lucky ones.   My sister who is 81 and lives in Kent is having to go shopping as cannot get an on line shop.  I do worry for her.

Just an observation which may help: I have only used Asda online where you can add to/change the order up to 24 hours before delivery/collection. Stuff shown as out of stock at the time of ordering may be back in stock at that time. Maybe worth trying to re-order 24 hours before delivery?

We are in a village with a local Aldi and Monday was the first day for ages when there was no queue. Most stuff was in apart from Lamb, and the usual sanitiser or hand soap.

Got a long-awaited delivery from ASDA the other day,  Most things we ordered arrived except for the fresh veg, which was unaccountably "out of stock" and coffee beans. There were some annoying substitutions,  including fresh noodles instead of dried, sliced mushrooms instead of whole ones and small sizes of things instead of the normal size we take. Fortunately I managed to get a "click and collect" slot from Tesco on Saturday so should be able to get the stuff that ASDA couldn't manage. 

6 minutes ago, SteveO said:

Got a long-awaited delivery from ASDA the other day,  Most things we ordered arrived except for the fresh veg, which was unaccountably "out of stock" and coffee beans. There were some annoying substitutions,  including fresh noodles instead of dried, sliced mushrooms instead of whole ones and small sizes of things instead of the normal size we take. Fortunately I managed to get a "click and collect" slot from Tesco on Saturday so should be able to get the stuff that ASDA couldn't manage. 

I think ASDA did rather well there, you ordered noodles and got noodles, ordered mushrooms and got mushrooms. Some of the stories I have heard about so called ‘substitutions’ just beggar belief. 

• Like 1

There was one thing that I couldn’t get at Sainsbury’s last week, the shelves were completely empty. And the same item was missing from my shopping that was delivered by a lovely cheery man from Morrison’s yesterday. 

What was it? Rinse aid for the dishwasher!! :facepalm:

We did a Click and Collect at Tesco the other day. Most things were available, although broccoli and little gem lettuce seem to be in short supply. It seems that anything that is featured on Jamie Oliver's new cooking programme is being immediately snapped up by people round here. The Click and Collect process worked extremely well. I drove to the collection point, parked the car, shouted my name to the person running the operation and they brought the stuff out and loaded it into the back of the car for me. I was back home within 25 minutes. Brilliant!

30 minutes ago, SteveO said:

It seems that anything that is featured on Jamie Oliver's new cooking programme is being immediately snapped up by people round here.

Sounds like the old Delia Smith effect. When  she did her program years ago whatever ingredients or utensils she used were complete sell-out in all the shops and supermarkets for weeks after

35 minutes ago, SteveO said:

We did a Click and Collect at Tesco the other day. Most things were available, although broccoli and little gem lettuce seem to be in short supply. It seems that anything that is featured on Jamie Oliver's new cooking programme is being immediately snapped up by people round here. The Click and Collect process worked extremely well. I drove to the collection point, parked the car, shouted my name to the person running the operation and they brought the stuff out and loaded it into the back of the car for me. I was back home within 25 minutes. Brilliant!

Shame that does not happen in Kent where my sister lives.    Apparently Asda there you do click and collect but have to go and rescue your trolley and then pack everything yourself into the car.        

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

There was one thing that I couldn’t get at Sainsbury’s last week, the shelves were completely empty. And the same item was missing from my shopping that was delivered by a lovely cheery man from Morrison’s yesterday. 

What was it? Rinse aid for the dishwasher!! :facepalm:

Jean I had to order mine from Amazon , I have been putting it on my on line shopping for about 3 weeks now.   Why Rinse aid for God's sakes.   Do you think someone is drinking it.

• Like 1

Poppy reminded me of a loaf made from a kit by Grandma, who was an ace cook and had made many a loaf in the past. It wouldn’t cut, and when I dropped it on the concrete outside it broke...that is to say, the concrete broke.😳

• Haha 1

Waitrose click and collect was super-sorted. We drove to a designated place in the car park, and opened the boot. There was a number to ring to say we were there, then a partner brought out the shopping, put it into the boot, closed it and waved goodbye. 
No butler or silver salver though Steve.

• Like 1

A little note for those living near(ish) to Gorleston Morrisons where the queues to get out were bigger than to those going in - they have opened all the checkouts rather than alternate so no wait at all now (They are different to most stores in not being in back to back pairs) 

Don't tell too many people though !

• Like 1

Morrison's is the only store where I live where I've been able to get deliveries booked. Delivery staff are really polite and friendly and helpful. Any substitutions have been sensible ones. So it's a service we will continue to use even once things come round to whatever the new normal turns out to be.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2020 at 14:50, Hylander said:

Jean I had to order mine from Amazon , I have been putting it on my on line shopping for about 3 weeks now.   Why Rinse aid for God's sakes.   Do you think someone is drinking it.

I think disinfectant or bleach has fallen out of flavour across the pond as a covliquor, maybe rinse aid has since trumped it?