The Diaries Of An Un-Furloughed Grendel

grendel

Day 3

What a lovely start to the day, first job clear the blockage of the upstairs wc, all i can say about this is that a 5 foot snake thingy isnt the best tool to clear a blockage thats only a foot or so round the bend as it just wants to twist into a knot, but after a couple of minutes just trying to push it further round the bend a quick test flush did the job and its now clear again.

on a better note the vice parts are all now wire brushed and have a layer of paint, a couple of small squirts of paint to touch up the bits where they had been sitting and later today reassembly will be possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grendel said:

Day 3

What a lovely start to the day, first job clear the blockage of the upstairs wc, all i can say about this is that a 5 foot snake thingy isnt the best tool to clear a blockage thats only a foot or so round the bend as it just wants to twist into a knot.

Another way is to "borrow" the floor mop from Mrs G when her back is turned, cover the mop head in a plastic bag and use it as a plunger then replace the mop in it`s usual place when she isn`t looking. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 2

I had tried something similar, we have one of those loo roll holders thats like a plastic tube with a round plastic base that holds the spare rolls, that was having none of it, despite plunger action that eventually separated the bottom from the stalk.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, grendel said:

Day 3

What a lovely start to the day, first job clear the blockage of the upstairs wc, all i can say about this is that a 5 foot snake thingy isnt the best tool to clear a blockage thats only a foot or so round the bend as it just wants to twist into a knot, but after a couple of minutes just trying to push it further round the bend a quick test flush did the job and its now clear again.

You could always try eating more veggies :default_biggrin:

Day 4 Saturday, 

After checking the conservatory for leaks, (rain was splashing through the opening roof panel and dripping in it was that hard) roof panels shut and then it was time to go shopping, i didnt fancy having to queue in the rain, as it turned out a lot of people had thought the same so queues werent too bad. still that took all morning, so i have just sat down to have a coffee (with rum) and catch up to the forum.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

so I have just sat down to have a coffee (with rum) and catch up to the forum.

Erm, you are aware than the standard / obligatory rum enhancement in coffee admirable as it is, should only to be quaffed when afloat?

Griff

I am getting into practice for lads week, i am not very good at it yet so will require plenty of practice. :default_biggrin:

besides i have some bottles of rum that need using up. (before some other bu**er drinks them - if my dad spots them they will disappear in a blink)

I am getting into practice for lads week, i am not very good at it yet so will require plenty of practice. 

besides i have some bottles of rum that need using up. (before some other bu**er drinks them - if my dad spots them they will disappear in a blink)

All good and proper 'Excuses' can't argue wi em :default_beerchug:

Griff

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

so I have just sat down to have a coffee (with rum) and catch up to the forum.

Erm, you are aware than the standard / obligatory rum enhancement in coffee admirable as it is, should only to be quaffed when afloat?

Griff

With the amount of rain in Kent last night I should think he was more than afloat :default_blink: And too much rum his head may be swimming :default_biggrin:

besides, i am pretending i am afloat, and the house is the boat, if i think i am mud weighted in the middle of a broad, then lockdown doesnt seem so bad. and with the rain last night it doesnt seem far off the mark.

after shopping when i went out to the conservatory, there was a puddle, searching found a section of the rubber seal that wasnt quite touching the roofing sheet, so a bead of silicon was shot in there, i knew there had been a leak somewhere, and its only in really heavy rain like last night and this morning that causes issues.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Wow, Grendel having a lazy day. Mind boggles!

:default_hiding:

I’m not being sarcastic or anything, I just don’t know how Grendel packs in so much, and still manages to keep up with the shenanigans on the forum.

I like to keep busy, did i mention i also usually manage to catch a few youtube videos every day too.

I think this is why i get so much done at work, i do a job in the most efficient manner i can find (this is due to my inherent laziness) then have a break, check the forum, then on to the next job.

Day 5, Sunday

had a nice lie in today, so up at 5.45am, spent some time browsing the internet, then coffee. I have yoga later this morning so i will be getting the workshop ready for that (just means moving a few bits around to get space) inspection of the paint on the model too, sanding down may need to be done, then it will be normal sunday morning jobs, bins, cat litter dishwasher (actually in the opposite order).

There you go again! Lie in...5.45? My Sunday morning lie in is more like 8, but then I wasn’t a commuter before lockdown.

I did communte into central London for a couple of years in the 80s when I worked for BR, but as I worked shifts I never got into  a routine. It’s not fun catching a train just after 5am to get into work, but the job was an interesting one. I was working in the international ticket office at Victoria Station. A great job interacting daily with people of all different nationalities. Loved the job, absolute hated commuting. Travelling back late evening after my shift ended at 10pm wasn’t nice either. I felt very vulnerable as there would be hardly anyone left on train from Euston by the time it got to MK.

• Like 1

well here i am nicely relaxed after 1 hour of yoga (our yoga teacher who came into work one lunchtime a week (and paid for by work) has started doing 3 online classes a week, there were about 20 attendees this morning. its £5 a head, or free if you work for the NHS, but it does keep mind and body healthy, she is doing a free half hour meditation session tomorrow lunch time.

• Like 1