The Diaries Of An Un-Furloughed Grendel

grendel

Day 6, Monday.

Awake at 6am, stayed upstairs online until 7am when i dressed and headed downstairs to feed the catwalk models (cats). Now almost an hour later and i am still here online, i have now had my coffee, but thats it, so its a slow start to the day. toast next i think, then i will decide what to do today.

So in the end modelling came to the fore and i have been slowly pottering on with the boats all morning (see the model thread for progress). 

at 12.15 i took a break as my yoga tutor was offering a free half hour meditation session at that time, this is easy, its basically just being able to sit still and breath, and i find it does relax me quite nicely, that has been followed by a leisurely lunch and a coffee. now my thoughts travel to what to do next for the model, ie what i am going to do this afternoon, after i have found the heart to evict the cat that has just settled on my lap.

• Like 1

Ok own up, who stole the afternoon, i went out to do a little job on the lathe, and here it is nearly 5.30pm, i am sure i wasnt out there that long, anyway, i was taking some video, and some bits went well, others not so well, even taking little bites i was getting the tools digging in and snagging on the part. anyway that tale is for the other thread.

• Like 1

Day 7 Tuesday,

awake at the normal time 5AM,

up and at it fairly early, feed the monsters, and make myself a coffee while pondering the forum.

then out to the workshop to do some work on the model, back in, post an update for the model, then breakfast.

• Like 1

modelling was done then it was lunch, as my daughter works for an NHS related company that manages several surgeries, and she has had a persistent cough for a month (like every year) they decided to send her for testing for the virus, so a trip to the local testing station was in order, we will get the results in a few days.

After this i spent several hours deleting spam posts from a volvo forum  i am a moderator on, some nice spammer had spent literally 12 hours posting over 300 spam posts into 1 thread - 16 pages worth, as the forum software on that volvo forum is antiquated the multiple delete option does not work, so 2 hours just to delete all their posts 1 at a time.

• Sad 1

Day 7 Wednesday - 1 week into furlough.

up at 5am as usual this morning, a few hours on the internet and catching up on the forum, and its time to go get breakfast.

after breakfast plans for the day are a mammoth session with the labeling machine, i have recently done a lot of tidying and just dumping stuff into little drawer units, of those units containing maybe 300 small drawers, at the moment things are in those drawers in somewhat a random distribution, and maybe 30 drawers are labelled, so todays plan of action is to at least get the drawers labelled, sorting could well be another days job to then get similar things into the same cabinets. I also have a drawer unit full of taps and dies, so that could well be labelled too, plus any taps in drawers can be added to that unit.

2 hours ago, grendel said:

:facepalm:yes MM that will really help find things.

One of the most important laws of mancaves is in stages.

1. You need a bolt. (or anything else)

2. Go to hardware shop and buy 10 or 12.

3. Do the job that required the one bolt.

4. Place the remaining bolts in a drawer or box labelled "Miscellaneous".

5. Start doing another job that requires a bolt of exactly the same size as the ones you just bought.

6. Go to step 1.

• Haha 7

MM i am slightly more organised than that, I have cases with small compartments for bolts m2, m2.5, m3, up to m12, with the exception of the several thousand 4mm bolts and nuts that substitute for meccano ones as they are 1/10 of the cost.

• Like 1