Thoughts About When............

vanessan

I’ll bet there are loads of us thinking about getting back to our boats. Having come across a couple of fairly large spiders today, I’m thinking the boat will probably represent something out of an Indiana Jones film by the time we get there. All festooned with cobwebs and spiders running all over the place! (Hopefully no skeletons or snakes though!!) Somebody recently mentioned their boat hull would undoubtedly be a nice shade of green and I wonder how much elbow grease is going to be needed to get the windows see-through again. What other thoughts peeps?

Flat batteries and full bilges are the things that worry me the most tbh, although luckily out of the three boats currently in our family two are currently sitting on the hard and the other was given a good coat of looking at just before lockdown so should be ok.

20 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Sorry to be a damp squid, but think it will be a few months at least until we get to our boats.We last went there in February. The boat was a good shade of green then.

Hope I'm wrong.

You can be a damp squid Ian, you’re probably quite right. Nevertheless, looking forward to something keeps spirits up - even spiders on the boat 🕷.

• Like 1

Mine has been, by simple coincidence, up on blocks in the boat shed from before the lockdown started, all freshly anti fouled and polished, top sides varnished and now just waiting for completion of a deck repair.

Back on her mooring soon hopefully and then the "green" can start it's creep!

Because she was going in for work that involved sanding and a lot of dust all bedding is home washed and ready in the airing cupboard.

This lovely weather makes it impossible to not imagine being out or at least tidying up and cleaning the inside, maybe when the lock down eases a little we can at least go and tinker about on them even if we can't leave the mooring.