Lockdown Ludham

woodwose

I would also like to go to the Secret Garden. It is only a short walk from my house and I often go there. However, it is currently closed which is a pity as it is probably at its best at the moment. However, we all know why.

The St Benet's pictures were taken about a week ago. However, I can see the Abbey out of my front window and I can tell you that there is absolutely nobody down there despite it being a sunny evening.

The windows are finished at Toad Hole cottage. See Pic.

Nigel (sunny Ludham)

How Hill lockdown walk Apr20 (1).jpg

How Hill lockdown walk Apr20 (4).jpg

How Hill lockdown walk Apr20 (6).jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Wow.. I was just thinking it would be nice to see some more pictures at this time.. Perhaps others who are local there could go out and take some pictures (Obviously within reason and safely). We had a wander down by the river here in the week and it was soo strange to see the river here quite, normally you will always see a boat out playing. 

Those local also please feed the wildfowl.. I dread to think how hungry they must be. :( 

• Like 1

I try to keep an eye on the avian fraternity through various webcams.

They seem to have all but disappeared from Potter Heigham but Wroxham appear to be holding on to the swans, although I think they are visiting upstream from the bridge periodically. Around 20 suddenly arrive gliding under the bridge to reclaim their territory.

Might be me but numbers seem slightly down elsewhere, maybe they are off foraging in the reeds and marshes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

I too have been wondering over the past week or so just how the wildlife are coping with the absence of us 'Umans, those that normally rely on us to help them out with their normal feeding habits.  I do hope they are going to be ok

Griff

Our visitors will be ok. We can't buy duckfood locally at the moment because the hardware shop is closed so I bought some online.

Who knew a 15kg bag would be this big?

Should keep them going for a bit lol

duck-food.jpeg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Cockatoo said:

Our visitors will be ok. We can't buy duckfood locally at the moment because the hardware shop is closed so I bought some online.

Who knew a 15kg bag would be this big?

Should keep them going for a bit lol

duck-food.jpeg

Reminds me of when we started feeding the birds in the garden. In my wisdom I ordered 15kg peanuts, 15kg bird seed, a box of 150 fat balls and 2 x 10 suet cakes. Never gave a thought to where I would actually put it. Wife not particularly happy.  :default_dunce:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MotorBoater said:

Reminds me of when we started feeding the birds in the garden. In my wisdom I ordered 15kg peanuts, 15kg bird seed, a box of 150 fat balls and 2 x 10 suet cakes. Never gave a thought to where I would actually put it. Wife not particularly happy.  :default_dunce:

I know what you mean, this will probably end up in my car with the other junk :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MotorBoater said:

Reminds me of when we started feeding the birds in the garden. In my wisdom I ordered 15kg peanuts, 15kg bird seed, a box of 150 fat balls and 2 x 10 suet cakes.

This last Winter was so mild the birds did not come to the small amount of food we out out in our garden.

In previous years they would be lined up in front of the terrass window.