Maffett Cruisers 2011 Price List

Guest dominicaz69

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

They certainly ARE good value, that`s why we`ve booked Swallow for a week in late June. Looikng forward to it, and can`t wait :party::party::party: . Hopefully, we`ll be able to meet up with a few of the forumites for a beer :naughty::naughty: . Dan, When you compare the Jay to Sandersons sistership (formerly a Maffett cruiser), and similar type boats, she represents very good value indeed, especially when you consider (as dominicaz says) that damage waiver, VAT, car parking, pets, a hair dryer and diver insurance is ALL INCLUSIVE. Also, thinking about the buisness side of things, if they can be competative regards similar boats, then they`ve got to do it, and being competative can also mean charging a near price, and not severely undercutting just to get the buisness. Regards and a happy new year to all ................. Neil.

• 1 month later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Simon, yes they certainly are great value, but it would`nt surprise me if we had to pay a fuel surcharge due to the rapidly increasing cost of fuel. That said, if it did come to that, i would imagine ALL yards would have to do the same, which would still mean Maffett Cruisers prices are probably the lowest on the Broads. Swallow is costing us £450 all in for our week in the back half of June, and that IS "all in" with no extra costs for parking, hair dryers etc etc. I`ve done a comparison with other boats that are SMALLER than Swallow from other yards, and when you add on all the " on arrival extras" they all come in at considerably more for the same week. I`ve been hiring from Maffetts on and off for 32 years, and in that time, we`ve NEVER been charged for car parking, and if you bring pets, they don`t charge for them either. I just wish they would increase their fleet size by about 3 boats for say, 4-6 or 5-7, 6-8, so that if we wanted to come with family, which we often do, we can hire from them either a lot more often, or even all the time. I think i`l have to suggest they do so in June :naughty::naughty: . Regards to all .................... Neil.

My Dad hired Merlin in 2009 and had nothing but good words to say about the boatyard. I gather the boss is a very skilled marine engineer, servicing Pacific Cruisers boats as well. Another thing I was led to believe is that they earn a lot of their income from the Breydon rescue business they also run, so I think the 3 hireboats are just a part of the overall concern. For that reason I guess the chances of them increasing the fleet much are small.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Simon, yes John (Cressy) does run the rescue service, and he and Lynda do all the diving for the other yards. They also operate the Gale riverside caravan and camp site next door, so their time is taken up. But i still think they would benefit from 2 or 3 larger boats for families etc. I hope they do grow the fleet slightly. Regards .............. Neil.

• 1 month later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Dom, yes, they are under the Waterways holidays agency, but unlike Blakes or Hoseasons, all they do is take the booking. I was told Waterways is an independant small family concern, and not part of a big conglomerate organisation, which always makes them better to do buisness with. I was told by one yard that Hoseasons (don`t know about Blakes though) take as much as 22% of the brochure price in commision, but i think the Waterways company takes a fixed booking fee, like many of the smaller more local cottage companies. We`ve booked Angler cottage for our second week in June which cost £399 through Norfolk country cottages , and we had to pay a £21 booking fee, which amounts to little more than 5%. A much fairer percentage both for us as the customer, and also for the cottage owners. Regards .................. Neil.