Lots more piccies at Richardsons

Dan

Whatho everyone!

Whilst having a general peruse of the Richardsons website I was pleased to see that lots of internal pictures have been added of their boats showing lots of the cabins (though the saloons have, oddly been omitted from quite a number).

Gives a much clearer idea of the boats and also quite enjoyable to just look through them all :grin:

http://www.richardsonsboatingholidays.co.uk/our-boats/

All the best

Dan

I have browsed every boat :naughty::naughty: some of the much older boats take me fancy....

i have had a look sat San Elena i hope i can get both cheeks on that small seat of its going to be a painful two weeks....

she also has pump handle toilets :evil::evil::evil: you dont know how much i despise these things.....

when im down there are one of two that are the more mature boat but more lush than others so i might claim squatters rights :lol::naughty::naughty:

i have also noticed i think it might help richo's out alot if they start taking photo's of the sterns of there boats so customers know what there like to get on & off...

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Well noticed!

we have been uploading pictures over the last month or so but there are plenty more to get through, I think the saloons are missing as there will be a 360 of very boat which have nearly all been done now..

you will see the beds are not made, or the boats 'dressed up', this is no that you can see the mattresses are clean :naughty: also where we have shown this in the past we have had complaints hat the bed were not made on arrival or the bowl of fruit was missing etc..

Good point about the access pics jonny, I will mention that as there are plenty of spaces for pictures. cheers

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

That`s one excellent website, and with all those photo`s, you really can see what you`re going to get. One example, we had Tower Bridge last year and i did`nt like the overly cramped mid en-suite double, whereas you can see on San Marino (the same make) the second cabin is at the aft end taking advantage of the full width of the boat, and is a lot more spacious than on the "mid cabin" layout. Had i have seen that at first (and possibly booked it earlier), i would have booked it instead of Tower bridge. Karen and i had the mid cabin, and it was barely big enough for one to get changed let alone two of us, so i had to wate untill she was in bed, or get changed in the lounge. Also, the mid cabin has precious little stowage compared to the aft cabin layout, and i noticed in the photo`s that San Marino actually has a wardrobe. Something that was sadly lacking in the mid cabin. Next time we want an Alpha 35 Clive, i`l book early and go for San Marino. A well earned "well done" and :clap:clap for an excellent site. One last thing, dump the mock four poster in the fwd cabin, it now seems so yesterday, but i`d still book it. Regards and a happy new year ............... Neil.

.... Next time we want an Alpha 35 Clive, i`l book early and go for San Marino.....

Dont forget to bring your own curtains Neil :naughty:

I was looking for some additional boats I had heard rumour of joining the fleet.. but all the additional pictures were almost as good a find cheersbar

Dan

P.S One of Broadland Orion's internals is (I think) San Bernadette's forward double cabin & one of Majorca's bathroom shots is (I think) Major Gem (the blue bathroom picture)

r

Dan

P.S One of Broadland Orion's internals is (I think) San Bernadette's forward double cabin & one of Majorca's bathroom shots is (I think) Major Gem (the blue bathroom picture)

cheers Dan,

Keep looking for the mix ups, I will pass them on and get them sorted. cheersbar

Dont worry about the curtains, they will be back by easter.. we strip the boats for winter and thought that as we update things the cabin photos will be replaced, there has been a fair bit of work done to get the photos taken and uploaded, it will be an ongoing process but this big initial push really had to be done while the boats were at Stalham..

Dan

yes i noticed that yesterday the windows dint match the boat i thought i might have needed new glasses :lol::lol:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

hi neil, weve had san marino 2. three time over the years and shes a very comfy boat. totally agree with the comments on the mid cabin. the tv on san marino is mounted on a shelf that you can swivel round into the rear cabin and watch the tv in bed my boys loved this they used to take all their videos with them. very popular boat i seem to remember all ways booked well.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Andy, out of ALL the Alpha 35s, San Marino`s layout is deffinately the one i prefer. The mid cabin layout is just too cramped for 2 adults, and the high level centre salloon layout as in some of the Silverline and Swan craft (i think?) fleets means you can`t go under bridges when it rains, or you get all you daytime accomodation soaked. I can`t understand why many others were built like this, as it also gives the chance of having a choice of twin or double, with either option being en-suite. In June, it will only be Karen and i, but if we come up later in the year again with my brother and his girlfriend, we`ll definately make a b-line for San Marino, and your recommendation has more than helped me make up my mind. cheers Andy cheersbarcheersbar . Regards .................. Neil.

Hi Neil

The downside/trade-off (there always is one I guess!) of the original Alpha CC layout is that your saloon is less well covered by windows (infact they're almost non-existent) than the later layout with aft saloon (and mid second double cabin) that seemed to then become the most popular. The aft cabin of the original layout was normally built with glass (sometimes folding) partition to saloon doors with curtains for at night to help the lack of wimdows but it is a shame as if you could fix this negative you'd probably have a really great boat/layout, especially for 32-35ft.

All those internals do make it quite tempting to get the old debit card out... I quite like San Marino too... and errm, Broadland Sun, Challenger....

Dan

hi dan,has clive not given you the nod as to what kind of new boats he has brought. i looked the other day aswell i was kind of hoping he had brought one or two of the p/h c45 models but i guess that would go against what their doing with the new builds, time will tell :( or clive could just spill the beans :naughty:

Hi Andy

The rumour I heard, confirmed by the look of the Le Boat for sale website is they are the 29ft Ha'penny dual steer, 35(?)ft Merchant & Connoisseur 37ft sliding canopy models.

I guess they will need a bit of alteration & improvement (along with wc tanks fitting etc) to make them Broads friendly and ready to go. It'll be interesting to see what they're called and if there are any changes to the layout/spec of the 37foot models from the existing madeira/Tropic Horizon of this style.

I'm hoping to get over briefly next week so will certainly scour the yard! :lol:

Dan

P.S New brochure arrived yesterday... looks good cheersbar

Thats about right :)

6 x Madeira type (will have a different name)

2 x Ha'penny with a new name

8 x Merchant with new names.

all the Madeira type will have new toilets and tank, new water pumps, new domestic battery box, new mattresses and upholstery, probably new flooring and curtains (most of the last lot was renewed) we will replace all engine wiring looms and dashboard wiring, new headboards new shower trays, windows resealed and capped new hatch in forward cabin (because there isn't one) new gas regulators plus whatever else needs doing, I would think the others will also be treated to the same..

Glad to hear the brochure has started to land (even if it is over a week late (again))

unfortunately there are a few errors in it but there has been a major amount of effort gone into it this year and on the whole we are all really happy with it.. :grin:

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

With the new RC36/45 models in progress, and the Le boat fleet boats, also the other mouldings you aqquired Clive, you`ve put in one hell of a lot of investment over the last 12-18 months. Is`nt it about time you invest some in BV12?. Seriously though, we`ve all said it`s great to see you investing so much in the hire boat industry, have you thought about opening another base on the southern side. Ive asked this before, but now with even MORE new boats, it might be a good idea to spread the load as they say. Regards ............. Neil.

Really pleasing to see the additional interior shots on the Richardsons website - they really do make a difference.

As for the Alpha 35 centre cockpit debate, I've always much preferred the centre cabin (San Fernando type) to the rear cabin (San Marino) as I think the saloon is much nicer being at the stern. Bill I guess getting hire boat fanatics to agree on layout is like getting us motorcyclists to agree on tyres!

thanks for the info clive had a look at le boats web site quite like the look of the merchant model. please dont put thoses cheap looking plastic patio sets on the sun deck they will melt in the barmey norfolk summer sun :naughty: hope their be one around the yard in may to have a look on.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

The Merchat class is a nice boat, for the Southern side of course :naughty: , any chance of opening a base down south?. Strange layout though, en-suite to the bunk cabin but not the double, and only one shower. IF there`s enough room in the second toilet, will you be putting a shower in there Clive?.

Bill - it's a Honda CBF1000. I've always had Bridgestones (BT021 at the moment) but I've ridden another bike with Avons and they were excellent too.

The Merchant looks good. I'd really enjoy that helmsman's position, although I'd worry a bit about being isolated from the rest of the crew. What's the air draft though and is Ludham likely to be an issue?