Should've Been Here Today

RS2021

35 minutes ago, SwanR said:

I’ve never moored up at Stalham other than returning the boat to Richardson’s on the morning of departure. 

The staithe is lovely if you can get on there and bathed in sunshine. Very quiet as well.

20180802_152632.jpg

• Like 2

Well an early start this morning to cruise up the Ant and as we approach Irstead we can see a space on the staithe. Never stopped here so lets give it a go and have a nice walk over to Barton Broad Board Walk. After that its heading up to Sutton staithe for lunch before meandering via Wayford Bridge to Neatishead and an evening meal in the White Horse.

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, RS2021 said:

Well an early start this morning to cruise up the Ant and as we approach Irstead we can see a space on the staithe.

Well who what have thought it, we must have just missed each other! 

95BB1A2F-28CC-4253-B66E-4EF632FA2792.jpeg

• Like 1

We have managed to moor at Irstead once and the walk to Barton Broad boardwalk was lovely. 

So I think I was at Womack Dyke last night. Always love the Thurne early morning so today we would have been away by 8am. A cruise down Fleet Dyke to South Walsham Broad and drop the mud weight for coffee. Then on for a cruise to Horning through past Swan Corner. Spin around and back to Ranworth to moor on the Staithe or on the island. Always enjoy watching the comings and goings here. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Whilst I appreciate the new moorings I do much prefer mooring alongside a bit of grass as opposed to tarmac 

But unfortunately for much of the year Stalham Staithe was puddles and mud. I agree it looks a bit clinical but it keeps the boat clean.

Upton Dyke ... that's one I haven't ventured down yet. It was so windy when we were out in March that mooring was a challenge everywhere we went!

So ... I was at Ranworth last night and our paths would not have been likely to cross today. I would have gone to Wroxham, I always enjoy the cruise along the Bure past all the interesting riverside properties. And then back through Horning, another lovely stretch of river although I do find the bit between Horning and Salhouse a little nondescript!

Perhaps an overnight mooring at Cockshoot Broad. A chance for a walk down the boardwalk to the bird hide. And then a quiet evening on board.

• Like 3

Well tonight we get to Ranworth staithe and eat at the Maltsters. But before then we had chance to potter round South Walsham Broad and stop for lunch at St Benet's where we are lucky enough to moor next to Albion and see her in action as she left.

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

• Like 5

Final full day afloat, so lets head for Cockshoot Dyke, as suggested by SwanR, for lunch. We've stopped here before, but never managed to walk to the Broad, so lets do that. In the afternoon its back to the yard in Wroxham. Have a wander around Wroxham and then a drink in the Shed. Right next to the mooring, but we've never been in.

So that ends my virtual holiday. I hope you have enjoyed it and many thanks to those who joined in. Hopefully bump into you next year for real!

IMG_5527.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 29/04/2020 at 21:13, SwanR said:

And then back through Horning, another lovely stretch of river although I do find the bit between Horning and Salhouse a little nondescript!

In the school holidays the straight stretch after the left turn at the windmill always reminds me of the M6.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RS2021 said:

So that ends my virtual holiday. I hope you have enjoyed it and many thanks to those who joined in. Hopefully bump into you next year for real!

Its been great following your holiday this week. A perfect Broads holiday. Thank you for letting us tag along :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1