Boris Says We Can Go Boating!! - (Not sure he did we must wait clarification (edited by Maxwellian)

JennyMorgan

37 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Not our Green Bin Poppy the service was withdrawn about three to four years ago by our council, you can of course pay for the service, but they only collect 8 months of the year. Needless to say I declined so I have two green bins that I use just to rot down the grass cuttings. You are correct with regards to the black, brown and blue bins.

Our green bins are for recycling. Brown bins are for garden waste and have to be paid for. We don't have one of those, SWMBO tells people 'We don't have a nice garden, we have a boat' :default_cool:

Cross rail,a good idea about twenty  years out of date.Marina and I have been married almost  43 years.We first moved to Thamesmead from then to this day,theres been talk of bringing the underground to Thamesmead. HS2 ,another good idea twenty years ago.Think it should  link up further up.A huge amount of money. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, floydraser said:

More than ever we have recently found the value of online conferencing and with airlines reducing fleets, surely now is the time to start asking questions.

It's being welcomed by Man U fans, as it will enable them to get home to London quicker after watching their team :default_norty:

Hi all, thought you may appreciate an update:

Reports from our Rangers were overwhelmingly positive over the weekend. It appears that the Broads has largely escaped the issues experienced other upland National Parks and at certain locations at the coast.

It was busy with lots of people out enjoying their boats and paddlesports, but nearly all following the social distancing guidelines. Many a friendly nod/wave/word was exchanged and people seem delighted to be back on the water. Also, the majority of boats were tolled (thank you), although a small number of vessels were not.

Reports from places such as Ranworth/Hickling/Wroxham/other honey pot areas were that people were enjoying the weather on land too, but were being sensible and staying a good distance from each other.

Unfortunately I have seen a number of reports of people fishing during the coarse close season at various locations across the Broads network, and the Environment Agency has been prompted to monitor and take action where they can. Whether this is down to confusion regarding the Government permitting angling from 13 May onwards or not is unclear.

We appreciate it is frustrating for those that still aren't able to make the journey back to the Broads or stay overnight under the current guidelines, but we are expecting the Government will change this as soon as they deem it safe and appropriate to do so. The no overnight instruction from the Government has helped to limit the potential for people to flock here en-masse and adversely affect our local communities.

It will be fantastic if the public can continue to lead with this great behaviour over the coming bank holiday weekend. If anyone has any further questions or needs assistance please drop me a line on here or get in touch with us via our website.

Tom

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for the update Tom. Nice to see the broads made it through the weekend in one piece, We went kayaking locally here and it was alot quieter than I feared..

Excluding the fisherfolk fishing, the worse I see there is untolled boats, I can't understand why tolls haven't been paid, boats afloat must be tolled, it's the joy of having a boat, it's like having a pet and needing to feed it, all boats, (certainly if being used!!) must be tolled, if individuals don't want to (or sadly can't) pay tolls then take the boat out the water and stop expecting a free ride.  The BA will have my full support against taking action against boats (certainly if being used) that are untolled! In my book toll money goes to maintaining the broads for us all, not paying and using the boat is just not putting back into broads and keeping it going.. :(

(Yes perhaps there may need to a slight allowance for boats in a marina at present that for whatever reason can't pay, but you can't expect to take it for a run, if you taking to a slip at least pay a day toll).

• Like 5