Churchiill

Churchill

Hi Everyone .

Looking for some recommendations from you. I have recently purchased a boat from NYA  which is currently sitting on their sales pontoon.   Due to the Coronavirus lock down I have not really had a chance to look around at possible moorings.

I previously had  a boat albeit 18 years ago on Brundall Bay Marina  can anyone make any recommendations  on other marinas. The boat is a 36ft  Motor Boat.

Thanks For help .

John 

Hello John,

Welcome to the forum.

Being as the marinas on the Broads are only open for owners to attend their boats from this morning, you might find it a while before you can start viewing suitable moorings. these marinas are manned but are generally not open to the public or berth holders. passing electric cards through windows is not uncommon.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Hi John and welcome, that is a bit like asking 20 plumbers what the best boiler is for you. In the case of plumbers you would probably get 30 answers though :default_biggrin:

Spend time thinking about where you want to go and which bridges can your new boat go through easily with your air draft, what do you want at the mooring re electric, water. fuel, pumpout and toilet/ shower  then email or call marinas asking about cost as they do vary and spaces available.

There are sub forums such as bridge heights to help.

• Like 2

I would suggest That the southern rivers would be best as access to the sea is easier and those twin 200s are going to need a good blow out now and again. Whilst you can go fast on Breydon it is open to interpretation and chatting along at 35+ knots will not endear your to the Rangers.