Insurance Without A Survey

Sailaway

Hello,

Does anyone know of an insurance company that will offer comprehensive insurance without the need for a boat survey?

I've nothing to hide, but the cost of craning plus the survey will be expensive and my previous insurer didn't require one. Unfortunately they've ceased trading.

Many thanks, Mark

Hi. I couldn’t get a survey done but received an excellent rate from Craftinsure. I had to pay extra without a survey but it was still an excellent price. All done online.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1

As I mentioned in the other posts, Whilst an insurer may happily accept without a survey, you are basically leaving yourself open to a disclaim. Had a large claim with craftinsure and the boat was only saved by a recent survey.

Whilst it may be an expense and pain to lift, it's well worth it and a survey is due it's weight in gold. I would never have a boat afloat (and I've had a few..!) without a valid survey in place.  Insurance companies are not your friend. A marine surveyor is your friend though.

I highly recommend Craftinsure though and I wouldn't chose to insure with anyone else.

• Like 3

There are a number of companies who will not demand a full survey, but any of repute are likely to require an out of water condition report from a yard or boat builder known to them, and this will usually be a five yearly requirement. 

These do come much cheaper than a full marine survey, which can be , like a house survey, of somewhat dubious value....

• Like 1