How Damage Has Coronavirus Has Done

Andrewcook

On 19/05/2020 at 08:55, MauriceMynah said:

Nothing was the same as it was before  WW2, or indeed before WW1 come to that!

In fact, things changed quite a bit after the Boer war, and, thinking about it, 1066 was a bit of a turning point too.

It could be said that the only thing that's really constant is that everything changes, all the time, whatever the reason.

Very true, we mustn't forget the social and political emancipation of women either. Now that was a real game changer, for us blokes in particular :default_gbxhmm::default_hiding:!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2020 at 15:55, grendel said:

they have pictures on their facebook page

hi all! been away trying to salvage some sort of business from this covid -19 **** show!

greenhouse will have safety glass and probably a lining also. custom made benches and they are over sized to create a spacious feel. Nothing is perfectly safe but should be good. Already had a raft of people try to book them and they aren't even here yet!

here is hoping we all make it through this and can have a great summer next season!

until then we are doing food and drink takeaway

stay safe all and feel free to message me with any queries

cheers

rick

• Like 8

and PS. yes we are open for takeaway food and drink selling fresh beer when people are struggling to get hold of any! But we are doing so withing the government regulations and in conjunction with advice from local council. 

We partook on Bank Holiday Monday and it was lovely. Pint in a milk carton Went down well :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

I would urge everyone to consider buying beer from Rick or any pub doing takeaways rather than supermarkets where possible and feasible obviously. The beer is better and more importantly this trade will hopefully do a bit to keep our precious pubs afloat if you'll excuse the pun. As I've mentioned before, get yourself a growler!! 

DSC_1740.JPG

• Like 3

It lost my ticket for England v West indies at Lords this month.The MCC told ,me yesterday  that my ticket was cancelled and I will be refunded. The test series will take place  behind closed  doors.I knew it was coming, but very disappointed. I was hoping that it would  transfer to next year.We should  be in Cornwall now,that's be moved to next year.West life Wembley in August,now Next year.

I note Ricks comment about the Councils - I am amazed how they seem to be involved in almost every "reopening" decision putting more and more obstacles in every path!! However they won't be very slow in voting themselves yet more expenses because they think  they are doing a great job!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Good luck with it Rick, I take it drinking take away beer is still not allowed on your own garden?

nope afraid not. the rules state ALL food and drink must be consumed OFF the premises. so that should be stopping every pub from allowing it. 

People can choose to sit in fields and on land nearby but we are not allowed to provide any seating or facilities on those areas. I have heard all sorts of crazy ideas of leasing and sub letting land and furniture to get around this. Its madness. This way or working isn't ideal but certainly better than nothing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, marshman said:

I note Ricks comment about the Councils - I am amazed how they seem to be involved in almost every "reopening" decision putting more and more obstacles in every path!! However they won't be very slow in voting themselves yet more expenses because they think  they are doing a great job!!!

cannot comment on councils overall job but frustrating thing was we only had the scrutiny because of positive press coverage whereas a lot of other venues have done what they wanted and got away with it. 

we have provided toilet facilities since the council ones are shut and also offered up extra bins for people visiting as the council ones are inadequate.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

I would urge everyone to consider buying beer from Rick or any pub doing takeaways rather than supermarkets where possible and feasible obviously. The beer is better and more importantly this trade will hopefully do a bit to keep our precious pubs afloat if you'll excuse the pun. As I've mentioned before, get yourself a growler!! 

DSC_1740.JPG

thanks pal, going to be a long slog to get through this. I also think many a pub will go under, many will play the system and just come back like nothing has happened without recourse but that is life. 

cheers! to fighting the good fight!

• Like 4