Takeaway And Other Initiatives From The Lion At Thurne

NorfolkNog

It would be a shame to see any pubs closing due to the corona virus.  They help to make a holiday on the Broads even more special and increase the options that holidaymakers have.  Ricky has made such massive improvements to The Lion over the past couple of years and good luck to him with his ideas to maintain some cash flow over these difficult times.  
Depending on whether the rules regarding sleeping on our own boat are relaxed or not and following the cancellation of our holiday in Cornwall at the end of June, we may well be spending the week onboard Norfolk Lady instead and I will certainly try to get to Thurne to visit.

• Like 4

I had seen a news item about the Amsterdam idea a few days ago. I hope that local people will be supporting these kind of initiatives while the rest of us wait to be able to travel back to the area for more than a day trip. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/05/2020 at 13:03, Mouldy said:

It would be a shame to see any pubs closing due to the corona virus.  They help to make a holiday on the Broads even more special and increase the options that holidaymakers have.  Ricky has made such massive improvements to The Lion over the past couple of years and good luck to him with his ideas to maintain some cash flow over these difficult times.  
Depending on whether the rules regarding sleeping on our own boat are relaxed or not and following the cancellation of our holiday in Cornwall at the end of June, we may well be spending the week onboard Norfolk Lady instead and I will certainly try to get to Thurne to visit.

thanks mouldy, certainly is a bit dire at the mo but we are trying!

• Like 3