Busy Weekend Ahead?

JennyMorgan

I rather think so!

My kayak is tolled but my daughter's isn't and so that there would be two to use we've tried to toll hers by phone. The tolls office must have been inundated, we've both tried ringing, call ended, number busy, re call and so we did, five and ten minutes at a time and still unable to get through. Gave up at five past five! Should have paid earlier but it looks like we were not alone! It looks like its going to be stonker of a weekend and a busy one for the rangers. Looked to pay online, that is no quick fix so that idea went out the door. Best make sure that all your fenders are in place!

• Like 1

Saturday & Sunday saw very little activity on Oulton Broad. Monday was absolutely perfect weather-wise and there were multiple scores of paddle boards and kayaks out. Beyond that motor boat traffic was nothing more than on an average Sunday pre pandemic. In a nutshell, where was everybody?

18 minutes ago, garryn said:

Everybody seemed to leave Stalham at the same time yesterday morning. 

20200525_102324.jpg

This no doubt a downside to the "only day use allowed" rule as majority of people who have access to a boat will try to get out early in the morning to maximise that day, creating large numbers in the same places at peak times

20 minutes ago, garryn said:

Everybody seemed to leave Stalham at the same time yesterday morning. 

20200525_102324.jpg

It will give folk useful practice for the M25! Having missed out for 2 months.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

It will give folk useful practice for the M25! Having missed out for 2 months.

I was going to say you don't do 4mph on the M25, then I realised there are times when you are lucky to reach the giddy heights of 4 mph !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Does anybody know why the Broadwalk at Cockshoot is closed?

According to the Norfolk Wildlife Trust......"In light of the Government’s measures to tackle the spread of coronavirus, the boardwalk is closed."