Crystal Horizon And Broadway P At Rickos

The above seem to have disappeared from the horizon at Richardsons (pardon the pun)

I know nothing is currently available but these are shown as Unit unavailable or such.

If they are sold or something I'll be disappointed they were ideal for my lot when using the north.

although I would be busting the bank to hire them.

5 hours ago, VetChugger said:

There are suggestions being made that some of the yards may not commission all of their fleets this year in the remaining season once it restarts. Possibly you have discovered a couple!

That's the impression I've been getting. The longer the season goes on yards will have to decide if tolling a boat will be worthwhile in terms of hire return. Quite a bit of the season lost already. 

• Like 4

especially the bigger boats designed for multi family occupancy, I would imagine that under the current circumstances, these might be seen as unhireable under social distancing rules, whereas the smaller single family boats are easier to manage under those regulations.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, scaniaman said:

Has crystal been renamed sensation, it looks similar?

No sensation is like the old Crystal Horizon (Now Ibiza I think) this one is new posh bath tub type very nice boat. with two Tele's and bow thrusters fore and aft.

Quite interesting at Ferry in that some of the boats have yet to have their winter refurb - either they are behind, but more likely they may be left until the winter.

They may also be considering splitting the fleet in two only letting every other week and letting the boats "rest" rather than giving them a deep clean when they come back - that would allow the varmints to die of their own accord!!!

31 minutes ago, marshman said:

They may also be considering splitting the fleet in two only letting every other week and letting the boats "rest" rather than giving them a deep clean when they come back - that would allow the varmints to die of their own accord!!!

That has got to be the most sensible way to do it.

What they need now is for the Broads Authority to take half tolls for boats being 'buddied up' :default_hiding:

It's far better for the BA, the yards, local businesses etc to all go for half of something rather than all of nothing. 

I am out of touch with my friends on the yards at the moment as I feel deeply for them and don't quite know what to say to them!  :default_hiding:

Quite clearly this will not be a normal season and it is not at all unusual for hire fleets to mothball a lot of their boats during hard times. I would guess that the yards have a pretty good idea by now, from booking enquiries, what the latter half of the season is looking like for business and will make logistic decisions based on that!

Not sure about the buddying of boats as I don't know how one could effect their "isolation" when not on hire.

I am afraid what worries me, and what seems to be driving everything at the moment, is "social distancing" and how to actually achieve it. In most other countries in Europe including here, the distance is one metre, not two and it is very much less of a problem. All this queueing for hours in supermarket car parks has never happened, all through the lockdown.

8 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

I am out of touch with my friends on the yards at the moment as I feel deeply for them and don't quite know what to say to them!  :default_hiding:

Quite clearly this will not be a normal season and it is not at all unusual for hire fleets to mothball a lot of their boats during hard times. I would guess that the yards have a pretty good idea by now, from booking enquiries, what the latter half of the season is looking like for business and will make logistic decisions based on that!

Not sure about the buddying of boats as I don't know how one could effect their "isolation" when not on hire.

I am afraid what worries me, and what seems to be driving everything at the moment, is "social distancing" and how to actually achieve it. In most other countries in Europe including here, the distance is one metre, not two and it is very much less of a problem. All this queueing for hours in supermarket car parks has never happened, all through the lockdown.

Hmm!! then you have not got the unorganised lot over here that we have.   Couldn't organise a p.ss up in a brewery most of them , that includes our Leader.         People need a strong leader in times like this.   Not all this flakey nonsense.   Rant over.   Not political because this post applies to every last one of them.

Please remove if you think it is not allowed.   Thank you.

• Like 4

I heard on the radio this morning that Boris has said pubs and restaurants could reopen sooner than expected (whatever that means) after landlords stated they wouldn't be able to open while the 2m rule was in force

I'm assuming by that the social distance rules maybe relaxed

I've agreed with Fiona at Pacific to move by booking 2 weeks to 14th July, I'm hoping that pub gardens might be open with certain rules in place, if not, and I can go on the boat I may be asking for advice on shops on the broads as my knowledge is the pubs  :default_beerchug:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tim said:

I heard on the radio this morning that Boris has said pubs and restaurants could reopen sooner than expected (whatever that means) after landlords stated they wouldn't be able to open while the 2m rule was in force

I'm assuming by that the social distance rules maybe relaxed

I've agreed with Fiona at Pacific to move by booking 2 weeks to 14th July, I'm hoping that pub gardens might be open with certain rules in place, if not, and I can go on the boat I may be asking for advice on shops on the broads as my knowledge is the pubs  :default_beerchug:

Mates of ours took on a run-down pub in Ipswich (a 'Tolly folly' for those in CAMRA) late last year. They've been told by their pubco to look into the feasability of a one metre distancing , no dates have been mentioned yet but things may be moving at last. There may be a faint glimmer at the end of the tunnel!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1m distancing will I suspect come some time soon - here in the UK we are a little out of line I think, purely because the average UK citizen could not work out what 1.5m amounted to!! So for the sake of argument, it was upped to 2m to be on the safe side!!!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/05/2020 at 21:37, Thiswan said:

No sensation is like the old Crystal Horizon (Now Ibiza I think) this one is new posh bath tub type very nice boat. with two Tele's and bow thrusters fore and aft.

It,s all clear now  Crystal Horizon 1&2 have become Broadway 5&6at least one of them having a P before the number for Pet. Least that,s what I think?

37 minutes ago, Thiswan said:

It,s all clear now  Crystal Horizon 1&2 have become Broadway 5&6at least one of them having a P before the number for Pet. Least that,s what I think?

That would make sense in that it brings together identical boats under one class. 

P is for Pet

We had Monacao P booked for our Autumn break, but I got a phone call a few weeks ago to tell us it won’t have been built!

Due to Covid they have obviously had to stop building.

It confused me a bit as I thought the Pet boats would be the oldest boats in class not the newest.

Maybe they have just had to have a bit of a change about.

They were fabulous about sorting us out with another boat though, top class Richardson’s service as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

• Like 1