That anoying Tapping

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good evening,

some shiny new bits came in the post ,the "bad" head has had new valves /springs collets /base whashers.The valves have been lapped in and the head is ready for refitting.

Some of the parts i required are no longer available...so have made 12 new studs for the exhaust/inlet manifold.

more news soon

regards Trev

post-777-136713795387_thumb.jpg

post-777-136713795406_thumb.jpg

hi,

sorry no progress on the engine this week,

Out of interest the reason for the above was we had a big job on at work which was to do with another engine,which had to be done out of hours,the job was to remove the engine,from a reception area and place in storage until a new owner is found (a university and engineering college are intrested) I can,t show any pictures of the actual job because of comercial reasons but this is the engine in question.At 3.5 tons it was a bit of a lump,especially despite our greatest efforts we couldn,t remove the flywheel so had to remove it with crank atached.

post-777-136713795997_thumb.jpg

further details of the engine can be found here http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel ... stpics.htm

cheers ,

Trev

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Don,t thinks so at 26hp wouldn,t be even as fast as a bayliner :naughty:

That make me think about the early motorcycle engines. 2,500cc V twins which produced a whopping 4.5hp. Now you have Ducati V twins of half the size developing 180+hp

hi,

What wombat was hinting at was i have been to the boat this weekend to rebuild the engine.Progress was slow due to myself feeling like a limp doll as have chest infection,and a very dodgy back.Anyway excuses out the way ,i have now got all the heads back on complete with new gaskets ect ,the exhaust /inlet manifold has been fitted along with the turbo and coolant tank and all hoses.I have one small problem in that i cannot reach 4 nuts that hold the intercooler onto the inlet /exhaust manifold(my son removed them but i can,t fit into the hole he got into )these will be fitted with the aid of a mirror next time i go down.

Jobs left to do....

tighten top hose clips

Adjust tappets

Fit injecters

fit glowplug stringers and cables

fit air intake box to intercooler

fit new alternater belt whilst fresh water hoses off,

light blue touch paper......and run

sorry no photo,s forgot camera due to been a total walking wreck!! :wave

I would get legal advice Trevor. If the chest infection was due to negligance during your implants. Thats the trouble with back street doctors. All this promise of saving money get one breast get one free just doesn't pay in the long run. Hope you had enough alcohol saturday i forgot about it when Jiffy & Daft Vader moved my wreck :cry

• 2 weeks later...

Hellow all,

been down the boat this weekend to finish the rebuilding of the Leg and Chew,s starboard engine,and iam happy to report that the engine is finished and has been started and runs fine :dance:dance:dance:party::party::party::party:

One small downer is we burst the turbo oil feed pipe ,being a flexable made up hose with crimped ends(like a hydraulic hose) i may have to buy a new one....85squids :o:o ,that,s if the local hydraulic hose maker can,t help.

Thanks go,s to Que Vadis for all his help and advise on this job,and Doug Ashley marine for the freebie hose and copper washers ,

Thanks also to wombat....for the tea!! and jiffy for loan of tools :naughty:

• 3 weeks later...