moving advice please

ZimbiIV

Hi all, we are bringing our boat from the Great Ouse to Eastwoods in April transport provisionally booked.

I have never moved a boat before so what do I need to do?

Register it on the Broads does that change its current number?

How much is the licence?

Do I have to drain everything or just switch off all?

I know the shipper will probably know everything but I would like to be fore warned what to expect.

Is any member at Eastwoods?

Paul

Licence price will depend on the size of the boat.

One thing you will have to do is remove/stow any loose items including the canopy that wont handle 50/60 mph.

Jonathan :Stinky

Hi all, we are bringing our boat from the Great Ouse to Eastwoods in April transport provisionally booked.

I have never moved a boat before so what do I need to do?

Register it on the Broads does that change its current number?

How much is the licence?

Do I have to drain everything or just switch off all?

I know the shipper will probably know everything but I would like to be fore warned what to expect.

Is any member at Eastwoods?

Paul

Paul, Hi

You can pre-register and you will get a completely new licence number (and letters); You stick them to your transom and both forward quarters. You will need a Safety Certificate and Insurance.

Don't see why you should drain anything; just close all the sea cocks before or after you lift her. Dis-connect batteries to be safe. :dance

Hope all goes well with your move; any pics of the boat? :party:

Depend s on the transport, but if the boat is to be slung some boat movers prefere you to empty your tanks,because of the shifting of weight ,if the boat tilts and say for example 50 gallons of water in a 100 gallon tank slushes from one side to another,as yours is only a smallish boat i don,t think you,ll have a problem,take the covers off the boat before he gets there and store them inside,if you don,t they will blow off! ,and make sure nothing in the cabin can roll around or fall out of cupboards ect,treat it as a sea trip in a storm and you will be fine,one more point ..Relax!! they know what there doing!

good luck :wave