I Want Sell My Boat!!!

TheLaird

I want to sell my boat.   I had plans for this at the end of last year.  I did advertise it but this damn virus came along.

So it is stuck in the 'boathouse' at home. I don't see much chance of selling it in the next 12 months now. I will get it out every few months and run the engine up.

The batteries get an hours charge every day. I built a charger into the boat and the shore power is plugged into a timer.

Just me thinking aloud!

Clive.

Copy of P1010023.JPG

20200531_132152.jpg

I`ve noticed an increase in people walking around one brokers basin in the last couple of weeks, whether they are just out walking or mildly interested who knows but according to brokers websites boats are selling and just this week I had an email from one broker saying that they are looking for stock to sell so wouldn`t give up on the idea so quickly.  

I too received that looking for boats to sell email from a well known Broads brokerage, also received a firm cash offer if I was interested from a brokerage bearer to me in Cambs do it certainly seems that the market is beginning to move .

As a footnote , no , we are not looking to sell Cerise Lady ; the offer was due to the fact that I was looking at a more modern, larger  boat in February but it didn’t have the character or “feel” of what we have already 

There is defiantly pent Up buying going on for how long I dont know.

We are busy at work with people wanting extensions. 
People are buying cars (I ordered one yesterday as did a few people I know  recently. )

Houses are moving, our neighbour put their house up for sale last weekend and it sold by Thursday with 4 offers over asking price!

Called to the boat yesterday and people were looking, one young couple buying a Bayliner as we were there. 

John

58 minutes ago, Jbx5 said:

We are busy at work with people wanting extensions. 

My brother in law is a builder & he too is being asked for extensions. Seems that the reason is that people see adding extensions as adding value to their existing property, even if said extension is absolutely hideous!  Not so easy to find a two bedroom home nowadays.

Interesting JM, I’ve put two extensions on my house out of family necessity mainly to create additional bedrooms in the belief that the added value for one part, bedrooms over a garage, equated to the cost i.e. no real added value but I’d get my money back. The other part extending the kitchen into an adjoining garden room I felt would add no value at all, however the neighbours comparable property has just gone on the market and if I got their price I’d be about 10% better off than I thought. I bought the property with these projects planned, a case of not being able to find our ideal at the time of buying and needing more space as number two was out growing her cot in our bedroom. I notice when I’m out on my bike that there are a lot of extensions in build, I guess people would rather extend than move especially if the location is ideal. But you’re right two beds will become harder to come by.

But when the economic help to companies and individuals is phased out unemployment will rise, substantially, I fear, and as I have said before, whilst capital does not attract interest it is there and negotiable. A new boat, house extension, new car are all very nice but you can't eat them! neither will they cloth the children or pay the gas bill when the chips are down.

• Like 1

Perhaps it is time to re-advertise.  I am selling because my wife struggles to get in and out of the boat. We last used it last year in Plymouth. Sleeping on the boat in Sutton Harbour.

I am retired now and it is not a financial decision. Just needs to go.   I also had a clearout in my workshop and was going to car-boot a load of stuff.  That was January.  

Clive.

A lot of extensions were underway before lockdown, these may begin to show activity again as materials eventually become available.

New starts will happen but in smaller numbers, people planning to stay put rather than move for instance.

House sales are going to be substatially lower as people sit and wait to see how things are next spring., the market will pick up but just not yet.

Death, divorce and destitution always ensures houses come on the market, the first two have increased, the third is being delayed by mortgage payment holidays.

31 million people are in work, if unemployent sadly rises to 3 million, that still leves 29 million employed, something that is often overlooked.

My short term view is gloomy until spring then improving after, unless we have a substantial second peak.

I have a property under offer since the end of January, it probably won't complete, I will not remarket it until spring next year.

• Like 1