2011 Holiday booked

RumSwizzle

Its my 40th Birthday in June, plus my Dad passed away in Dec after a very short (3 month) battle with Cancer.

As such, we're (Myself, my Wife Penny and my Mum) are booked on the Golden Emblem starting 6th June for 11 nights. Its going to be quite an emotional but cathartic trip as my Dad used to love coming up and seeing us when we were up there, plus its my Mum's 65th Birthday on 14th June so we'll have lots to remember and celebrate.

I ideally wanted to get a boat that would pass under PH as I've never been up to Hickling, but reading so many posts on how very few boats are able to do so, we decided that we fancied more interior space versus the ability to get under the bridges. We can always hire a Dayboat at PH to go up to Hickling I suppose ?

Has anyone hired the Golden Emblem before ? Must admit the galley being at the front really swung it for me as I do all the cooking at home and on holiday so being able to have a great view whilst cooking is a fantastic plus for me !

Hi Rumswizzle

Sounds a good choice of boat and it’s always nice to have 11 days as a week passes so quickly!

No problems with a dayboat from Potter – Herbert Woods, Maycraft or Phoenix Fleet will be able to fix you up. The latter do electric boats which are a nice alternative and very quiet under way. You can get to Hickling in not much more than an hour if memory serves. Beautiful part of the Broads. Have a good time!

cheersbar