Bluetooth Gadget.

I am a bit of a gadget fan and this is the latest edition that I use on the boat, we inherited an oldish JVC FM stereo radio with the boat and it is not the greatest at picking up stations and certainly no DAB stations (liking the stations is another matter!) so seeing that the radio had an AUX facility I purchased the TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver for £12.99 from Amazon, it plugs into the radio and via AUX mode I can play the music/radio stations I like straight from my phone through the sound system and more conveniently I can control it from the helm whilst cruising. The smart TV we have on board also has Bluetooth facility so now when watching TV we can bluetooth the sound to the radio and via the gadget we have surround sound, you can also plug your headphones into it and they then become wireless as does your phone (handsfree). The unit has a 10hr battery life and replenishes using a phone charger. I am impressed with it....just though I would share.

John.

Screenshot_20200607-100318_Samsung Internet.jpg

20200607_100228.jpg

20200607_095328.jpg

I have a similar cheap fleabay version that does the trick, I use a bluetooth transmitter from my vhf so I can hear over the engines when at cruising speed, 100watts beats 4 watts!

If you have sound from both devices you tend to get a slight delay through the bluetooth.

27 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

If you have sound from both devices you tend to get a slight delay through the bluetooth.

No delay through this, the TV is still in sync.