Hello All, New Member

Hi All, New Member.   Coming to the broads in September Hopefully !!! In a cottage by Ferry Marina been in a Cottage the last two years for Fishing and before that hired a Bathtub type Cruiser which let us down a few times in the week but it was like me getting on in years.

Thinking of hiring a cruiser next year I've been looking at You Tube and seen some good Video's by Robin (the London rascal) excellent info etc. can anyone recommend a good size cruiser for two brothers one in 60s other late 50s both fairly short at just over 5ft, concerned about helmsman position and visibility and moving manual canopy if it is heavy being short may be disadvantage also would like to get up Coltishall if possible so needs to get through Wroxham Bridge, I've looked at a few boats but seen some reviews  that concern me, any Help appreciated. 

• Like 1

Robin did a blog on Western Light, now from Herbert Woods.  They’re getting on a bit now, but originally from Porter & Haylett (Connoisser  Cruisers), Wroxham.  Being based the Coltishall side of the bridge, they were designed to pass under it and the canopy is operated by a winch, so is relatively easy to operate.

As stated and as Robin observed, they are showing their age, but are spacious cruisers, with the engine at the stern, so quiet when underway.

They may not suit, but have a look at Robin’s review for a better idea. 

Hello and welcome, by the way.

Hi,

As you are at Ferry Marina try to look at Bronze Emblem. My wife and I hired her when she was River Hart from Stalham Yacht Services. A very easy boat to handle and with a winch operated canopy. We went through Wroxham and Potter Heigham easily in the early 90's.