Here Is A "not So Serious" Question For You To Ponder!

VetChugger

Recent times have provided lots of opportunity for thought and pondering. I have done more than my share during my period of house arrest. One thing that keeps coming back to me over all these years of ever changing and fractured forums. I suspect some long servers may draw a breath, swear or even choke on their cornflakes!

Who was/is "Ramjet"???

I long thought it must be the alter ego oof another forum poster but never really managed to make my mind up. I don't doubt that many will consider Ramjet to have been an early example of an internet troll. I found him/her quite entertaining but the question remains! Who was/is this being??

• Like 2

I think he appeared on here but was banned. He had a fair run on the now defunct NBO 

He was a wind up merchant but I found him quite amusing. I don't think he was ever offensive, just a bit off the wall. I don't think he knew anything about the Broads. I think sometimes a ' character' can actually be good for a Forum, a bit of light relief never comes amiss. Look at the lamented Roya. Another great character. 

Although the present situation is very serious and folks need to discuss it,  the likes of Roya and Ramjet can provide most blessed relief old pea. :default_norty:

• Like 5

I remember Ramjet well, he was an incredible wind up merchant and as long as it wasn’t you that he dropped on, it was hilarious. I did hear once that he came from Croydon but not sure if that’s right. He was a regular on the NBN quiz night but I think he got his marching orders when he upset too many people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grendel said:

strange, must be before my time as i havent heard of him.

You would have remembered him if you'd come across him.....:default_biggrin:

It would have been a good few years ago. The page I was trying to post a link to was back in 2007 but I think he was still active for a while after that. he did indeed imply he came from Croydon and I think he claimed to have a restaurant. Reedham and Weep was one of his lines. 

he did upset some folk but as I said, I think it was just his off the wall humour. I always enjoyed reading his waffle, he could be very funny sometimes. He never upset me. 

• Like 1

Just googled this individual, sounds quite amusing although maybe after a while ..............

Ramjet said:

Hello

I am just liker to say goodbye to our most favoured complaint woman mod , Jill-R, over the years she haved been a large old stone for us to clutch on to in a flood , , she will be saderly missed as a moderator of complaints. She leaved a message on mine answer it phone saying she haved to leave as she was in hers nineties, a good age to pull out i feel (Sorry i am just listend to it again and she was actual in hers nighties , making some hot coco)Many of you haved presume the -R is stand for Ramjet, you are most probable correct as we did have geography

Any old way my pointer is be , there is now a gap in the Mod wall and i will , purely as a favour to Brian the Snail, fill this crevice if reqwire , I come with large experients and am be already a mod on many other Broads web sites included .org .

All of those in favour of me becomed the complaint mod say I , and those who is wishing to blacked balls me say Nay , Angel or devils , you decided

Large Regards Ramjet

not a imposter , but a funnyest poster

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, charlesa said:

Ramjet said:

Hello

I am just liker to say goodbye to our most favoured complaint woman mod , Jill-R, over the years she haved been a large old stone for us to clutch on to in a flood 

Well, he was at least a good judge of character . Thanks for reminding me of a genuinely lovely person.

Fred

• Like 1

Ramjet was a legend on here in the early days and it was generally considered that he was indeed someone's alter-ego. The story went that he was from Croydon and ran a restaurant with his family, but server logs showed us a slightly different tale.

I don't know how long it has been since he left us, but clearly it's a while as a lot of prolific posters don't remember him. I still sometimes find myself jokingly calling other early forumites a 'large old cheeking Charles' which was one of Ramjet's favourite phrases.

And yes, JillR was a fantastic person and sorely missed. She loved the Broads (and NBN) and was often a calming and sensible influence on the mod team. Ironically, I was on a boat on the Broads when I got the message from one of Jill's daughters to say that she'd died.

• Like 4

Old Rammy………...

I wonder if he married the postmistress, at the post office next door...….

He was, in my opinion a real giggle, calling Jill, jillypeas and somehow I was Donegal Geoff.

He actually sold T shirts with a pic of his avatar on and Ramjet Rules underneath, He sent me one for my birthday, which I had a photo of me wearing it and posted it on here, I believe also that Sue and Hank,(sue was Tuder Rose ) who started the NBO had one as well.

A real character of the olden days of this great forum, he was marmite, but I loved him.

Wherever you are or whoever you are Rammy, stay safe.

• Like 6