Day Boats For Sale

I will be placing my day boats for sale with NYA in the very near future:

little3-1500.thumb.jpg.23071fed13154b86579445088ad4812c.jpgRapier with a Yanmar 1gm10 diesel engine. Moulded seats for 4 and a bench seat at the rear. Canopy would benefit from being replaced. - £4,500
Very tidy paintwork.

jester3-1500.thumb.jpg.12ee7da62a9c590d3a901bf31fc2e18e.jpg

Commodore 17 - Built 2007 - Beta Diesel - Open interior with rear bench seat and three folding seats - two can be moved the third is fixed and covers the weed filter. Warm-air heating - Original Gel. Very tidy. £9950

sheer-750.jpg.00ded631e4c136313ebb38b6a0a915a1.jpg

Siesta 21 - Bare shell rebuild in 2017. Three cylinder vetus diesel, galley with hob, sink and hot & cold water and toilet cubicle with holding tank loo. Can sleep three people overnight. Complete with curtains. 2020 hull repaint and rebuilt gearbox. £15,000

pod3-1500.thumb.jpg.735762bdb95157fcc4ea78049f1290b6.jpg

Venture 19SL - Freedom Pod. Open Boat with full camping cover capable of sleeping three. Cold running water, spirit stove and Tohatsu outboard engine with very few hours as was new in July 2019. - £12995

If anybody is seriously interested, please contact me direct before they go to NYA which will begin sometime in the week commencing 15th June 2020. 

Edited by ModeratorTeam
price amended , to correct one andy
  • Sad 1

Andy, I'm truly saddened to hear that, especially how in recent years you seem to have turned around Freedom. :default_sad:

I always attempt to read your posts and you have been ever-helpful to so many of us with your kindness an excellent tips on "how-to-do-its".

Our very best wishes on whichever path you choose to tread next   .:default_beerchug:

• Like 14
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Hockham Admiral said:

Andy, I'm truly saddened to hear that, especially how in recent years you seem to have turned around Freedom. :default_sad:

I always attempt to read your posts and you have been ever-helpful to so many of us with your kindness an excellent tips on "how-to-do-its".

Our very best wishes on whichever path you choose to tread next   .:default_beerchug:

Worth repeating, I feel for Andy in just the same way. I'm afraid that he won't be the only businessman to make the same, painful decision. Next winter is not far away now. 

• Like 1

On 14/06/2020 at 10:13, FreedomBoatingHols said:

Let me be clear, this is a choice. 

On 14/06/2020 at 10:18, MauriceMynah said:

Let us be clear, That is a relief !

It would appear I have entirely misread the situation here. I took Andy's post to mean that he had made a decision, and that it was unrelated to this virus horror. It seems that this might not be the case, making my post pointlessly and vindictively callous.

Sorry about that, Not my intention. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

I'm afraid that he won't be the only businessman to make the same, painful decision. Next winter is not far away now. 

Wise words from JM.  Mid winter will be the telling time, for boatyards as well as any seasonal tourist business.

I feel especially for Andy as I had to make this same decision about a Broads business back in the early 80s.  It is a nasty place to be, when circumstances are beyond your control.

Life does go on though and there are always other "avenues".  I can assure him of that!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

It would appear I have entirely misread the situation here. I took Andy's post to mean that he had made a decision, and that it was unrelated to this virus horror. It seems that this might not be the case, making my post pointlessly and vindictively callous.

Sorry about that, Not my intention. 

No worries, Maurice! In a sense, my decision is unrelated to the virus horror but it is certainly one catalyst along with others.

The facts are quite simple, I do not enjoy it any more.

Freedom is a business that has zapped my personal time for more than 11 years and has caused me to be a miserable bugger at times. It has lost me the childhood of my children and kept me at the beck and call of others and for very little reward. Peter will know what I mean when I say that certain characters that I have to be involved with also drag me down. 

This is the perfect opportunity to say that enough is enough. It's very hard to make life-changing decisions because of the unknowns on the other side but already, I feel that there is a weight being lifted. 

Bishy Barney Boats is entirely unaffected by this. 

Before I came to boats, I was a successful internet developer (with clients including Daimler Chrysler and the Meat & Livestock Commission) and before that I was a technology journalist. I am a creative; I will find a new path and am currently exploring the world of film-making as some of you have seen already. I have more footage to edit and will try to get it strung together in a cohesive set of short films over the coming weeks. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Whatever you end up doing good luck to you and SWMBO Andy.

Sometimes it takes something drastic going on to make the decision you maybe should have made a while ago, it's often too easy to just carry on doing what you are doing than make the leap.

I hope you are going to keep one of the boats and make it to the ferryhouse yourself more often.

22 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

May I be amongst the first to wish you much success in whatever you do decide to do in the future and hope we don’t lose you and the valued insight that you have brought over the years to the NBN 

I'll second that.

• Like 3