Swan Romance.

Has anyone hired this craft, Where is the engine situated is it Aft?. how many 240 sockets are there and were are they situated, I don't intend to use anything heavy duty just for charging phones and Laptop etc. I've read all the information I can but can't find or see any any sockets in pictures, Any other information about this boat appreciated, Hiring for next year!!! (can't wait).

Hi, Swancraft tended to use shaft drive on all the 35 foot forward steer Alpha hulls. So most likely the engine will be amidships but I can't be 100% certain. I took some photos when it was built, I'll try to find them later. Having said that Swancraft insulated the engines extremely well and noise was never an issue. They also fitted 1400 watt inverters as standard and there should be at least a couple of sockets. Bear in mind the fleet has been with Richardsons for 5 years so things may have changed. Someone may be along with more up to date info. 

Hmmm ... Swan Reflection has the engine under the bed but that never caused us an issue. 

When we hired in March we noticed that over last winter Richardson’s had changed the old cigarette lighter type socket on the helm for USB slots. 

Reflection is only 31 foot but there were 240 volt sockets in the saloon area. And one in the rear cabin. 

Can't say for Swan Romance but Swan Roamer has the engine mid-ships in the Galley and is quiet but with Romance having the extra cabin could be under the bed as "SwanR" says for Reflection.  As far as 240V sockets are concerned Roamer had one in the Galley and two behind the TV in the Saloon, can't remember if there is one in the bedroom or not.  Could be worth emailing Ricko's if you don't get an answer on here.

It is shaft drive, engine under the bed in forward cabin. Swancraft didn't skimp on insulation. It is (or was) an 1800 watt inverter with a socket in each cabin and in the saloon. Romance was built in 2014 and sold to Richardsons the following year so may have been altered. The best info is from the guy who built the boat! Thanks Paul :default_beerchug: 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...