Norwich City of Ale Event

NorfolkNog

If you are lucky enough to be around the Broads and particularly Norwich in the summer you might be interested in “Norwich – City of Ale Event†which is running from 26th May to 5th June.

More details here

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/nor ... o_1_774071

I must say I take my hat off to the EDP, the support they give to local pubs is tremendous. :clap

cheersbar

If you are lucky enough to be around the Broads and particularly Norwich in the summer you might be interested in “Norwich – City of Ale Event†which is running from 26th May to 5th June.

That's a goodie, thanks, Howard! cheersice slice

Now I only need to work out how to attend onboard Friday Girl AND get a decent night's sleep at Riverside! :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Any suggestions???

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

That's a goodie, thanks, Howard! cheersice slice

Now I only need to work out how to attend onboard Friday Girl AND get a decent night's sleep at Riverside! :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Any suggestions???

Moor for the night at Thorpe river green and get a Taxi ;);) . Does Norwich yacht station STILL suffer from boats being set adrift?. The best way to deal with that is to tie the mudweight around the sods ankles and chuck them in :naughty::naughty: .

yes i was thinked i saw you walk past the local pub but then i was remember you would never do that

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi John

Apologies for not coming back to this earlier, been doing my bit trying to keep Saltaire Brewery in production 16.gif

Mooring in Norwich is thorny one. We have moored there many times without any problems. However I think it would be wise to avoid Friday and Saturday nights. We had a lengthy conversation with the ranger there in the summer. I forget the exact figures but he said that out of x thousand boats that had moored there only a handful (single figures) had experience any problems. It might also be worth considering mooring nearer Bishops Bridge where the river is further away from the road.

Mooring at Thorpe is a possible but you need to be careful not to get stuck because of the bridges. Another option we have tried is moor at Commissioners Cut which is just downstream from Thorpe. A track leads from the back of the cut, over the railway and out onto the main road. It should be possible to get a bus or taxi into Norwich. Even at Norfolk prices, a taxi should be under a tenner. Another option would be to moor at Cantley and catch the train. The station is only a few minutes walk from the moorings.

cheersbar

• 4 months later...