Jump to content
  • Announcements

    Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

    Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

    Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

CherylL

Newbie- Trip With Teenagers, Where?

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Cal said:

Both of the Richardsons boats we have hired have had a tap with filtered water for drinking which save lugging bottles of water around.

Recently discovered 'white pudding'  (Morrisons)  . A most enjoyable addition to the breakfast plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a good point about the water. Would rather not use bottled water if we can help it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CherylL said:

Don’t forget the haggis slice- we are Scottish! 

Square sausage is perfect for banjoes! I love the first dog emptying walk along a mooring when everyone is frying up - so does the four legged dustbin!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every year on the lads week we are supplied with a large section of square sausage for each boat (maybe a couple of kilos per boat) for breakfasts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hash browns have no place in a full English breakfast. (or full Scottish)

Obligatory components are  ... (2) Fried eggs, (2) sausages and (3) bacon. Bread (Fried, toasted and/or plain), and Toms and Mushrooms.

Optional extras...  Baked Beans, Black pudding/haggis, Kidneys, + anything else you fancy. (except hash browns or chips).

All accompanied with a mug of coffee or builders tea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brita water filter in frig fresh cold water can`t be bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Hash browns have no place in a full English breakfast. (or full Scottish)

Obligatory components are  ... (2) Fried eggs, (2) sausages and (3) bacon. Bread (Fried, toasted and/or plain), and Toms and Mushrooms.

Optional extras...  Baked Beans, Black pudding/haggis, Kidneys, + anything else you fancy. (except hash browns or chips).

All accompanied with a mug of coffee or builders tea.

I used to agree about the hash browns but then have acquired quite a taste for them. They soak the bean juice up nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cal said:

They soak the bean juice up nice

That's what the bread's for! 

I have no great objection to hash browns (or chips) but not with breakfast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grendel said:

every year on the lads week we are supplied with a large section of square sausage for each boat (maybe a couple of kilos per boat) for breakfasts.

I take it you cook them in one of these :default_biggrin:

http://www.boatiesfrypan.com/new/index2.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

That's what the bread's for! 

I have no great objection to hash browns (or chips) but not with breakfast. 

No the toast is for the egg yolk if you are having fried eggs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Poppy said:

I take it you cook them in one of these :default_biggrin:

http://www.boatiesfrypan.com/new/index2.html

We use one of these on the boat.

https://www.jmldirect.com/kitchen/pots-and-pans/copper-stone-pans-28cm-griddle-pan

They are brilliant. No oil required and nothing sticks to them. 

And you can fit lots of square sausage in there!

We also have a copperstone frying pan so we can have guilt free "fried" eggs without any oil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cal said:

Excellent choice.

Not so easy to get a decent Haggis down here though so bring your own!

image.png.e5f152b42d8f3803f86a41e684255b99.png 

Tesco's extras in  England always carry the above, and in the past have had MacSweens..

This Butcher in Norfolk exports Haggis to Scotland!!!

http://www.rutland-butchers.co.uk/haggis.php

 

 

Oh square sausage is Lorne Sausage

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheQ said:

image.png.e5f152b42d8f3803f86a41e684255b99.png 

Tesco's extras in  England always carry the above, and in the past have had MacSweens..

This Butcher in Norfolk exports Haggis to Scotland!!!

http://www.rutland-butchers.co.uk/haggis.php

 

 

Oh square sausage is Lorne Sausage

 

That's black pudding not Haggis!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cal said:

That's black pudding not Haggis!

drat grabbed the wrong picture image.png.e4a391d43bf5348f8ed476163fd9d63a.png

thats better..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Poppy said:
23 minutes ago, TheQ said:

drat grabbed the wrong picture image.png.e4a391d43bf5348f8ed476163fd9d63a.png

thats better..

Macsweens is  the best! 

BFCC1673-3E30-428E-83F1-1CDD1498399D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CherylL said:

BFCC1673-3E30-428E-83F1-1CDD1498399D.jpeg

Well Tesco used to have macsweens maybe they will again,  you can mail order macsweens easily anyway.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

I prefer my black pudding not be be “wee black pudding” prefer the blood type 

If it's a black pudding it's blood type, unless possibly it's American they'll corrupt anything.. Their version of Worcestershire sauce is like mayonnaise that a chemical version of Worcestershire sauce passed by a Mile away.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually we only eat haggis on Burns night or if we’re going out for breakfast! 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going back to water, I have always drunk the water straight out of my tank without any issues! Don't forget that water in the tank gets replenished frequently, especially on hire boats, and with that in mind, would be quite happy! I am not sure if the filter taps make a lot of difference - if you are really concerned just boil the water first but I am still alive and kicking!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/06/2020 at 18:37, CambridgeCabby said:

I prefer my black pudding not be be “wee black pudding” prefer the blood type 

Although I originate from close to the land of Ecky Thump the idea of black pudding is to me totally revolting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.