Gel coat repairs

Can anyone recommend someone to carry out a few little gel coat repairs loaclly? We have some damage to the corner of the bathing platform that has been badly repaired by a previous owner, and also a few stess cracks in the gel coat around the fuel fillers. I want to get a quote or two to see what sort of money they would be after.

There is only one place I would take my boat after the work they did on White Lady.

Goodchilds.

They were competitive if not the cheapest of the quotes I had but I was very, very impressed not just with the repair but also the level of service.

I'll certainly give them a call. I suspect it'll involve another lift charge though. I was hoping there might be someone who did mobile repairs as the boat is already out, but if not, then Goodchilds sound like the ones to trust. Thanks guys.

Hi Mark

When my boat got hit by a Herbert Woods craft last summer they came out and repaired my gel coat and fixed my davits and I must say the repair was perfect (maybe they do private work) and a world apart from the repair i had done by a local reputible company which I can still see the colour miss match now so if you want to know who it was pm me and I will let you know.

cheersbar Barry

if it is white then it is more than likely Scott Bader 65pa, standard white, a quick call to the builder will tell you,

you dont have to be a pro to match that ;)

then all you need is a dremmel drill wet+dry and patience :naughty:

Hi Mark

When my boat got hit by a Herbert Woods craft last summer they came out and repaired my gel coat and fixed my davits and I must say the repair was perfect (maybe they do private work) and a world apart from the repair i had done by a local reputible company which I can still see the colour miss match now so if you want to know who it was pm me and I will let you know.

cheersbar Barry

Hi Barry

Go on then mate, who should I avoid? You can't leave me hanging like that! :lol:

cheers

Mark

• 5 years later...

OK, resurrecting an old thread here.

I need to get some proper repairs done to some stern quarter (old hire days) bashes and then a repaint (topsides and proper prep & antifoul below) on a 41 year old plastic, stinkie (:blush:) thing.

Any recommendations for decent quality work/value for money? Ideally north but can come south if necessary.

Edited by johnm
blooming' auto correct :-(

As soon as I get time Eric, ours is going round to Moonfleet in Horning for an estimate and also to get the small chips done. They have been there in 12 years since we bought her and despite a lot of TLC lately, they spoil the overall appearance and are good "dirt collectors" 

• Like 1