The Beauchamp Arms

Mouldy

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Maybe they have hired a team of avantgarde designers and architects to design a landmark pub that blends River and sky through a bold hue of blue capturing a certain maritime spirit while reflecting current trends including stakeholders from all walks of life and suggesting an air of playfulness but without overlooking safety, biodiversity, climate change, accessibility and pandemics?

Do I detect a faint whiff of bovine excrement??😉😉

• Like 1

Mmmm, all very interesting. its got Mr H written all over it. He was the one who poured concrete in the gaps behind the moorings at Surlingham Ferry. Done on the cheap. 

Poppy does have a good point though. The best/most successful pubs don't rely just on holiday trade. 

Watch this space! 

• Like 1

Beau...? Je ne sais quoi. Cordon bleu...gh. Cold and uninviting.... I liked how it looked in years gone by. If the plan is to prove not financially viable then why throw any more money at it? Appreciate some pubs have converted to desirable homes in the past but pubs in such a prominent water side location wouldn’t float my boat. Wonder what the future really holds for such a venue if not a pub, restaurant, camp, caravan or glamping site?

• 1 month later...

Cruised past again earlier and it doesn’t look any better.  The ‘beams’ in the eaves are being painted white and it looks as if Del Boy has run out of blue paint.  Perhaps it’s being renamed as The Bluechamp Arms?

C5608CC8-273B-4E69-A6E2-E85909DBEE08.jpeg

97E8D37E-552C-4AF0-9862-24962FA08715.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

Perhaps it’s being renamed as The Bluechamp Arms?

Oh, Malcolm, you do realise that ‘the pub’ will forever be imprinted in my brain as The Bluechamp Arms..even if they repaint it. 

Have they run out of blue paint?