Ludham Bridge BA Moorings Gone?

simonwootton

Hi All, looking forward to our annual trip in late July. I noticed on the broads authority website, that Ludham Bridge moorings are no longer listed and on another website they have been struck out (https://www.mynorfolkbroadsboating.co.uk/norfolk broads authority moorings.html), is this a recent change and are plenty of moorings still available at Ludham?

Many thanks

Simon

BA no longer maintaining the moorings doesn't necessarily mean there are no longer any moorings there, so I wouldn't worry too much! All it means is that the BA no longer lease them. That is surprising though. Hopefully someone who's been up that way recently will be able to give a more definitive answer.

These moorings have always been problematical, due to disputed ownership.Somehow the EA have it in their head that they now own it and I suspect the BA are in an argument as to who they should lease them!!! The demasting moorings keep moving from one bit to another, indicating the issues that may lie below the surface, so to speak!

So there are indeed moorings still available north of the Bridge, but they were shortened about 3/4 years, or more, ago. As well as those above the Bridge, there are still moorings below the bridge - but you have to pay for those I am afraid.

1 hour ago, marshman said:

These moorings have always been problematical, due to disputed ownership.Somehow the EA have it in their head that they now own it and I suspect the BA are in an argument as to who they should lease them!!! The demasting moorings keep moving from one bit to another, indicating the issues that may lie below the surface, so to speak!

So there are indeed moorings still available north of the Bridge, but they were shortened about 3/4 years, or more, ago. As well as those above the Bridge, there are still moorings below the bridge - but you have to pay for those I am afraid.

I am a bit confused here! The BA moorings which incorporate the de-masting area are known as Horning Marshes and are still listed on the BA 24 hour moorings list. Were the moorings the other side of the river BA at some point? I can’t ever remember seeing a sign there. 🤔 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I am a bit confused here! The BA moorings which incorporate the de-masting area are known as Horning Marshes and are still listed on the BA 24 hour moorings list. 

Now you've said that I recall getting confused by much the same thing a few years back!