Pubs & Restaurants

Andrewcook

Thanks for the link. We aren’t planning to visit a pub or restaurant, but a takeaway is tempting for pre-pick up this coming Saturday (maybe from the Station Smokehouse in Wroxham) and after handover on the final day. Excellent news that the butchers in Ludham are doing a roaring trade. If weather allows, a BBQ on Saturday evening would be lovely. Last year they were selling some delicious Chinese marinaded chicken skewers. I want more of those!

• Like 1

My favourite pub, Ferry House at Surlingham is open on the 4th were up from the 11th and have booked me both Mooring and table!

So only have to worry about the rest of week!

does anyone know of takeaway restaurants that deliver to moorings?

we have both son and daughter with us on this trip and prefer not to cook on board!

My cooking skills are limited and most cruisers don’t have theroom for Mandy to create!  😉

The smokehouse at Wroxham is open for takeaways and it’s was superb on Saturday. They are having screens fitted between the seats  and were looking to open the restaurant as soon as this is done. Got a couple of pints to take away as they don’t charge the crazy £2 for a take away carton that some of the other local pubs are charging as the beer is expensive enough!

John

1 hour ago, tim said:

does anyone know of takeaway restaurants that deliver to moorings?

we have both son and daughter with us on this trip and prefer not to cook on board! 

Ali Spice in Coltishall will deliver - we've only had from them at Coltishall but I hear they'll go as far as Ranworth and Gays Staithe.  Highly recommended and huge portions.01603 266133.

41 minutes ago, Bexs said:

I wonder if they are delivering to the moorings at Acle?

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

Heard a guy on Radio Norfolk this week. I'm sure they will !

• Like 2

Feedback after the first week

Most venues were very quiet

Malsters at Ranworth and Kings Arms, Ludham faired the best with the systems they had in place with one way in, then through the pubs to place and receive your order and exit

Most of those who had sit at your table and wait for a staff member to take your order, then bring it, then take payment, then go back inside to get your change, then bring your change out faired worst with some customers waiting 20 to 30 minutes to get served

Early days and I am sure some of the first week issues will be ironed out, but to make it viable for the business and appealling to the customer, whilst remaining safe, the right balance needs to be found

• Like 1

Anyone looking for a stop in Wroxham, we were at the Wherrymans down by the bridge yesterday. Well thought out process. You wait to be seated and they take your contact details for track and trace should they be needed. They were relatively busy but service was good and very attentive. Will definitely go back. 

http://www.wherrymans.co.uk/

• Like 1

My local has moved about 6 seats and stopped standing at the bar and that is about all the capacity they've lost, the have screen between tables and across the bar at face level and so far everyone has behaved very well, they have a board by the loos with a two way switch for each loo with red and green lights that you can see across the whole pub so dead easy, with hand gell beside after using switch.

Top marks to "the ale taster"!

• Like 1

Here's the Station Smokehouse takeaway menu. We enjoyed a meal sitting at their outside tables on 4th July.

IMG_20200704_131400.jpg.ecca9b0f36e5306a9d74ab1a9063ab98.jpg

We also had a lovely meal at Pedro's Acle yesterday, again sitting at their outside tables. We were the only ones there at lunchtime.

• Thanks 2

Here's the Station Smokehouse takeaway menu. We enjoyed a meal sitting at their outside tables on 4th July.

IMG_20200704_131400.jpg.ecca9b0f36e5306a9d74ab1a9063ab98.jpg&key=2450f2d79396c2d69f73063db457a274a40ff1a10f35f0bc35ed63fac42c501d

We also had a lovely meal at Pedro's Acle yesterday, again sitting at their outside tables. We were the only ones there at lunchtime.

We watch you sail past Thurne Dyke yesterday!

Probably on your way to Pedros.

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

5 minutes ago, Bernard said:

A great pub about 30 mins walk across the fields from Stalham is Lessingham star, great food and great beer, all social distancing in place, can not recommended highly enough.

Never been,  walked the Ingham Swan once, is it similar distance?