River Yare

Bexs

The bird hide is still there. If you moor in Rockland Short Dyke it is a quicker walk to it than mooring at Rockland Staithe. The moorings are also much nicer IMO.

A good walk might wear them out enough to make them quiet, so as to not scare all the birds away!

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network
  • Like 2

Okay I get it.Your question there's not many play areas on the Yare.At one end Norwich  should  have some dotted around. The other end Yarmouth, some,many attractions will be opening  from this weekend.As Paul  said the ship at Reedham.Not sure what the pub is like not been there for a few years.As Jean said there  are some very nice walks along the Yare.Try perhaps tourist information. It seems things  are opening  up each day.Boat yards may also have info,local shops good source too.

Remind me when do you next hope  to go?

2 hours ago, Bexs said:

A good walk might wear them out enough to make them quiet, so as to not scare all the birds away!

emoji3.png

In that case, walk to the bird hide from the staithe then carry on past Short Dyke moorings right up to the junction with the Yare. You can follow the footpath all the way to the Beauchamp Arms (which unfortunately is closed). That will certainly wear them out! 
If you can get a mooring at Whitlingham, walks around the lakes there are good too. 
Have a wonderful holiday, I’m sure you will find plenty to keep the little ones happy. 

• Like 2

Not really wanting attractions as such that will mean large crowds.

We always do bewilderwood, it doesn’t open until the 18th July BUT we wouldn’t go at the moment even if it was.

Nice walks, and good old fashioned swings and slides keep them happy and let them burn off excessive energy from being on board.

I think we know of, and have visited all the parks, on every river other than the Yare! 🤣

• Like 2

I love walking along the bank from the Hardley Drainage Mill moorings, either toward Hardley Dyke and the river Chet, or along the bank opposite the Cantley sugar plant. You are asked to pay £5 for overnight mooring there, but it’s on a pontoon and only has room for three or four boats, so nice and quiet.The money goes toward maintaining the mill, so a good cause. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

I love walking along the bank from the Hardley Drainage Mill moorings, either toward Hardley Dyke and the river Chet, or along the bank opposite the Cantley sugar plant. You are asked to pay £5 for overnight mooring there, but it’s on a pontoon and only has room for three or four boats, so nice and quiet.The money goes toward maintaining the mill, so a good cause. 

One of my favourite spots, excellent walks for the dogs. 

• Like 1