• Announcements

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NBN MOBILE APP IS CURRENTLY NOT WORKING

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Telephone this time. Two calls concerning the Government funded insulation installed (which is news to me of course!). Problems have occurred and the loft needs to be surveyed. This is clearly an atte

I got another email scam last week from a person(s) claiming they had a large renovation project commencing with a huge amount of tiling to be done and I had been recommended,  Could I clik on the lin

OK Folks...it's time to change your passwords! Yesterday I received an email with one of my passwords as the title of the mail. The communication then went on to attempt to extort money with threat

Posted Images

oh that was an easy one to spot, just had an email from 'Amanozn' telling me my account was being suspended, sure it is.

then a text from HMRC saying I needed to click here to get my 2020 refund. (not that i can click a link in my basic phones sms.

Had a call yesterday saying it was an automated  message  I didn't hear from whom It went on to say they had received a suspicious  invoice order No. -  I put the phone down before they said any more.

Carole

I had an automated email from Windscribe (the company who I use for a VPN) to say my password had just been changed. These sort of things are quite common, so instead of clicking on the link to check in, as invited, I went to their website direct. Sure enough, my password had changed and I couldn't get in. I was able to regain entry through the email to change forgotten passwords, so no harm done, but it made me go through all my passwords to make sure I hadn't used that one elsewhere. In doing so I came across this which is very useful. You've probably heard of the Have I Been Pwned website. That will tell you if your email address has been the subject of a data breach. They also offer a service for passwords. You just put the password in and it will tell you if it's been seen in a data breach before:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords

4 hours ago, grendel said:

oh that was an easy one to spot, just had an email from 'Amanozn' telling me my account was being suspended, sure it is.

then a text from HMRC saying I needed to click here to get my 2020 refund. (not that i can click a link in my basic phones sms.

Snap!

20210131_205518.thumb.jpg.525389c111c1a4597bb72f631ae6be54.jpg

1 hour ago, grendel said:

f i wanted to gather passwords for illicit purposes i would set up a website to check the integrity of passwords.

You don't put your password and email in at the same time Peter

As far as I know BT IP addresses are Dynamic, along with many other providers that are providing non business customers.

Therefore if you turn off your router when you go shopping etc and turn in back on when you return you will be allocated a new IP address.

• Like 2

I have just tested the above and I am correct, I am with BT.  I googled my IP. Took a screen print, knocked down router for 5 minutes, re-booted and IP has changed.

20210201_081944-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.879a403224a760b1a784c04d48147596.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

latest one today was an email from Royal Ltd Mail for a charge for parcel redelivery (note the careful repositioning of the words in the address)as their sorting office is less than 300 yards away from me i wasnt going to fall for that one.