Email/report From John Packman

12 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

It also concerns me as to why  JP is cow-towing to the hire industry. I am quite sure that he will expect a payback.

This was the point at which I stopped posting yesterday, since comments like this are simply bordering on the libellous and I see no reason for it in these circumstances.

I think the BA's approach to the handling of this crisis is correct and commendable.  I see no reason at all, at this time, to try to seek an ulterior motive. I am sorry to have to say that it does no credit to the forum nor to the poster and I am sure, in the cold light of this morning, that he would agree with me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Vaughan said:

This was the point at which I stopped posting yesterday, since comments like this are simply bordering on the libellous and I see no reason for it in these circumstances.

I think the BA's approach to the handling of this crisis is correct and commendable.  I see no reason at all, at this time, to try to seek an ulterior motive. I am sorry to have to say that it does no credit to the forum nor to the poster and I am sure, in the cold light of this morning, that he would agree with me.

Vaughan, I quite see where you are coming from with your comment. It is a difficult time for both the hireboat industry and the Authority itself, both of which have, in the main, apart from the afore mentioned laid-up boats affair, handled the situation commendably well. None of us can possibly know what tomorrow is going to bring, interesting times ahead. Where it goes from here I can only guess, as any of us can. I would like to think that my concerns will be proven groundless but we shall have to wait and see, I shall reserve final judgement until next year's toll is set. All that said, I have to support Paladin's recent postings on this topic because I feel strongly that he has a valid point to make.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1