Pointy Fingers

Cheesey69

Hi all,

I must point out at no point was I or the Enemy ever upset.

So I've just bought an ex hire fleet boat and wanting to play with our new toy, we tolled her on a visitor pass as the full toll bounced through the works.

It must be remembered that the money pit is still dressed in her hire outfit.

Out we go and wasn't long before we got the stares and pointing fingers.

We moored up for a spot of light lunch when we heard,

"Must have let them borrow it."

"His breaking the rules"

One woman, in a display worthy of Olympic mentions, ran the full lenght of their boat and said to the helm in an overly loud voice, "Do they know their workforce are skiving off?" 

No problem the day boats waving, bit slower, sometimes puzzled looks from the privates.

Broads patrol came by twice, he got double waves.

In the end, I fitted a jackstaff and a small ensign before we departed.

Right im off to find the bilge pump.

• Haha 4
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, Cheesey69 said:

Hi all,

I must point out at no point was I or the Enemy ever upset.

So I've just bought an ex hire fleet boat and wanting to play with our new toy, we tolled her on a visitor pass as the full toll bounced through the works.

It must be remembered that the money pit is still dressed in her hire outfit.

Out we go and wasn't long before we got the stares and pointing fingers.

We moored up for a spot of light lunch when we heard,

"Must have let them borrow it."

"His breaking the rules"

One woman, in a display worthy of Olympic mentions, ran the full lenght of their boat and said to the helm in an overly loud voice, "Do they know their workforce are skiving off?" 

No problem the day boats waving, bit slower, sometimes puzzled looks from the privates.

Broads patrol came by twice, he got double waves.

In the end, I fitted a jackstaff and a small ensign before we departed.

Right im off to find the bilge pump.

Hi, did we see you on Oulton broad last Wednesday?

Paul.

5 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Sweet kingfisher is ex hire.I don't give a monkeys what people  think.Shes no oil painting but she's ours.If people  want to be inverted snobs that's there  problem. We enjoy the boat plain and simple. 

Quite right Ian, everyone's boat is their pride & joy.

Regards 

Alan 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not at all Mr Cheesy 

Thought you may want to look at her first week on hire May 1974 straight out of the box at King line cruisers Horning as the first hirers. I will dig the photos out if you wish?

John

Really wind everyone up, fit some nav lights and take it out after dusk.

Oooooh, what an opportunity for a wind up

1)  Better still go out after dusk with no nav lights, that'll have the full flotilla of armchair admirals hopping mad! :default_norty:

2)  Go into Norwich and through Bishops bridge and beyond :default_norty:

3)  Down to GYA, Turn to Port under Haven bridge and on for another couple of cables before coming about :default_norty:

4)  Into Goodchild marine for a look-see :default_norty:

5)  Cruise with your fenders up :default_norty:

Other than that, welcome to the always skint and busy club.  Enjoy your new pride and joy - Well done :default_beerchug:

BOAT = Bung On Another Thousand

Griff

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Ignore Griff's no.3, as fun as it will be you'll be dragging the lifeboat crew out for an intercept job.:default_biggrin:

Interesting point, and just to be serious for a moment (Oh yes I can. ) If a person buy's an ex hire craft and wants to turn left at Yarmouth, Can they contact the coast guard and warn them of this possibility, and if so, what number should they use?

There!!! Told you!!! 

CH14 I believe (Although it might be12) just call GYA harbour master this will stop the coastguard launching and all will be well in the world - apart from on lookers who will be waving at you frantically to turn back!

Footnote, just cruising a couple of cable past Haven Bridge and back won't cause the Rib to be launched.  Also there ain't no law says you have to have VHF when entering / leaving a commercial port either although it is strongly advised.  You can contact them and receive instructions via mobile phone quite sufficiently 

Griff

12 hours ago, Jbx5 said:

Not at all Mr Cheesy 

Thought you may want to look at her first week on hire May 1974 straight out of the box at King line cruisers Horning as the first hirers. I will dig the photos out if you wish?

John

Yes please sir