(not) Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow

Watch this space , as tomorrow we are off on another Broads (but not Moonlight Shadow) jaunt for the extended weekend. Dave (JanetAnne) is letting us use his wooden cruiser ‘Water Rail’. Isn’t that super kind!
I must admit to be amused at his reply to my enquiry as to which boatyard we should aim for tomorrow...she’s moored at the end of a friend’s garden.
Keep an eye out for us if are out this weekend on the south side!
Helen

Hope you enjoy your stay on my ole boat. Enjoy her history!

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 2

Lovely. Turns on a sixpence in these tight turning places!

Had a super time this afternoon taking Water Rail up to Geldeston. Now moored in the dyke that leads to the boatyard.IMG_20200724_154055959_HDR.thumb.jpeg.8b4e9047945c29e867793ae1a0ab7203.jpeg

• Love 1

We did too, happy days.  What was most impressive is that all four craft managed to reverse all the way out of the dyke without ever once having to burst ahead to correct their intended direction of travel.  If I hadn't of witnessed it mysen I would never have believed it. :default_icon_clap:

Must have been something to do with the amount of rounds consumed during the DTS   :default_beerchug:  :default_drink_2:

Griff

• Like 2

On 24/07/2020 at 15:48, YnysMon said:

Had a super time this afternoon taking Water Rail up to Geldeston. Now moored in the dyke that leads to the boatyard.emoji16.pngIMG_20200724_154055959_HDR.jpeg

You passed us going up to moor at Langley Dyke this morning.   Prior to you mooring the boats leaving had been double moored. Very popular place to go to by boat and also a lovely walk for us two old codgers.   We noticed that Lodden Staithe was chocker.

Water Rail.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Ooh! Thanks for posting!
We also spotted a certain someone going upstream on Moonlight Shadow just before we got to Langley Dyke. We are kicking ourselves that we didnt take a photo...too busy waving!
I did get slightly alarmed when I turned into Langley Dyke at the sight of two other boats making their way toward me. No problems though, just took things slowly.

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire
11 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

We also spotted a certain someone going upstream on Moonlight Shadow just before we got to Langley Dyke. We are kicking ourselves that we didnt take a photo...too busy waving!

No photos please Helen, nobody needs to see such terrible sights :default_unsure:

I'm sorry if I didn't catch what you said quite correctly, I heard "have you got the horn" to which my answer was correct but I feel I may have misheard you :default_biggrin:

Lovely to have spotted you though, hope you have had a great time and would love to see you again sometime if you spot me :default_icon_wave:

Take care Helen :default_xmas2:

Just got back home. Tale to follow once I’ve sorted my photos etc. 

Jay, I’ll explain what I was shouting when I get to that part of the tale. :default_blink:

Anyway, we had a great time, despite the ‘varied’ weather.

Helen

Guest Jayfire
1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

Jay, I’ll explain what I was shouting when I get to that part of the tale. :default_blink:

You mean you wasn't asking me about my, erm, mood????? :default_norty:

:default_blush:

:default_xmas2: