Keep Safe

colino

Unfortunately so far Boris's approach of trust in common sense has failed to grasp the lack of common sense, to be fair it's a minority of stupid people but still big numbers and the minority get the headlines.

Let's hope......

So if Boris advised against letting your child play with razor blades but one of his advisors ignored that advice, you would do so too?

Good advice is good advice and not taking it is less wise, no matter what anyone else does.

Or would it possibly be that ignoring such advice helps selfish people justify their selfish actions. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

The population has a certain percentage of idiots, the government and its advisers are drawn from the general population, therefore……

We know that a number of those we have elected and advisers, from all parties, have been found to have breached the guidlines. What the vast majority haven't done is to go on mass demonstrations, parties and raves. They also haven't squeezed together on the beach.

We need to remember who will be responsible for the spread of any second wave, that will be the masses who have been out protesting and been to the beach or parties and think they are invincible or just don't care about anyone else.

The government doesn't spread the virus, the public do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

That horse has bolted. Question asked today if there has been any increase of infection due to crowds on beaches etc and the answer was no, none. 
Beginning to look like close living conditions spread and more importantly winter.
Early studies did hint at the power of uv really reduced virus life. 
seeing as lock down is unenforceable I don’t think the vast majority would obey plus the economy just can’t cope 

• Like 1

88 out a 100 people who die are over 65, 1 is under 50 the rest have other contributed factors.

That is why you see crowds. More likely to die from the journey there than being there. 
Selfish yes, understandable yes. 
It’s a human thing. The vast majority ain’t going to suffer. 
And to care for those in danger has a monetary cost that most just can’t pay. 

Are those stats verifiable?

The other point that occurs to me is Why was unnecessary travel banned? The likelihood of catching the virus in your own car is pretty remote  Could it possibly be that with hospitals full to the brim with selfishly dying pensioners, the hospitals would not be able to cope with all those totally reasonable party goers crashing their cars into each other.

• Like 1

I’m in the middle of renovating an apartment on Gorleston seafront for my daughter. This past couple of weeks the beach has been chocker as has the promenade and gardens. Just quarter of a mile away is the main A&E hospital ( James Paget) who yesterday said their virus related cases are on the up again. Coincidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

18 hours ago, grendel said:

the trouble is when Boris or his close company decide to flout all of the advice it sort of devalues the governments message, then all the idiots out there decide 'if they are allowed to do it then to can we'.

I think this is the crux of the matter. And while I acknowledge MMs comment about razor blades I think we are entitled to expect a bit more of the people who are running the country.

• Like 1

I also think the whole furlough thing has turned into a deadbeats dream. Debs has spent the last week notifying people they are coming off furlough early and you wouldn't believe some of the excuses why they shouldn't.

17 minutes ago, Cockatoo said:

I think this is the crux of the matter. And while I acknowledge MMs comment about razor blades I think we are entitled to expect a bit more of the people who are running the country.

I couldn't agree more! Whilst I stand by what I said about advice, I think Dominic Cummings actions were stupid and Boris's response inadequate. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Cockatoo said:

I also think the whole furlough thing has turned into a deadbeats dream. Debs has spent the last week notifying people they are coming off furlough early and you wouldn't believe some of the excuses why they shouldn't.

That was always a risk!

I was going to steer clear of this post,because  some think I'm over careful  shielding.I will speak for my self. I've been shielding since March 23.I've stuck  to the guildlines.In that time seen many break the rules  right left and centre.Many many have total disregard for others.A mentally of I want to do something don't care about anyone.I like almost nine million  I think, have been furloughed.I would love to return to work.Fact I can't  return  to work until  at least  1 August. Guidelines from NHS/Government. From 6 July I can form a bubble of six outside. Still can't go to shops for example. I trying  to recover  from pneumonia and this week I've taken voluntary  redundancy  My season is finished.DONT tare us all with the same brush. Many of us want to return  to work

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I was going to steer clear of this post,because  some think I'm over careful  shielding.I will speak for my self. I've been shielding since March 23.I've stuck  to the guildlines.In that time seen many break the rules  right left and centre.Many many have total disregard for others.A mentally of I want to do something don't care about anyone.I like almost nine million  I think, have been furloughed.I would love to return to work.Fact I can't  return  to work until  at least  1 August. Guidelines from NHS/Government. From 6 July I can form a bubble of six outside. Still can't go to shops for example. I trying  to recover  from pneumonia and this week I've taken voluntary  redundancy  My season is finished.DONT tare us all with the same brush. Many of us want to return  to work

Hello Ian,

I do not think you are being over careful. You are protecting yourself & your family. I also have stuck to the guidelines and only meeting family and friends in respective gardens when allowed. It is hard not giving your loved ones a hug when seeing them. 

Sadly many think they know better than advice given.

Look after yourself and try not to think too much about work, you have after all been working towards retirement next year. From a personal point of view I started working from home after I returned from the boat in March, it took me a couple of weeks to set up a work area with all of my test equipment and parts from work. I should have done it years ago, I am more productive and getting the work out faster and there is also time for being in the garden when it's not raining.

Regards

Alan  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I honestly wasn't talking about those that are shielding. Excuses I have heard so far include:

I was told end of July so I've booked and paid for a weeks holiday they were also told they could be recalled with 48hrs notice

The kids aren't back at school yet so no childcare keyworkers so the kids can go to school

And the best..........   I'm too busy

Even sticking  to the rules I landed up with pneumonia, worrying  They told me it may have been cover.Think I am right in taking care.Also there's talk about furlough and a suggestion  that we don't want to return to work. There no doubt many would be happy to say at home and be paid but not all of us.