Keep Safe

colino

Yes. Just as annoying as it was predictable. There was always going to be a "party atmosphere" when the pubs reopened. I went to my local with Rufus. The bar itself was closed but drinks were being served out in the beer garden. We sat at a garden table then shortly after, one of the other regulars joined us keeping about 1.5 metres distance,  then another and then a third. Still distance was observed but Rufus and I could see that the social distancing was reducing with each beer drunk, so we supped up and left.

I expect and hope that this was just the first day and that things will become easier as time goes on, hopefully quickly and equally hopefully without creating a spike.

• Like 3

Apart from places like Soho and a couple of other areas, the media has struggled to find a problem, hence all using the same photo.

A reporter went to a train station to photograph the masses leaving Leicester and found an empty station.

Manchester reported as quiet.

Oh I forgot, that isn't news.

Typical bloody media, nothing to report so we will, invent and exaggerate.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

My thoughts are based on BBC TV news pictures and reports that were clearly not doctored. Okay, selected locations, I accept that, but reality is reality, in places people did clearly ignore social distancing. Booze in, common sense out.

Only in some places though, clearly not a widespread problem as Sky and a couple of other outlets all show the same location and photo as the BBC.

I don't doubt that they were overcrowding in Soho but the media would like to portray it as everwhere.

I would rather go back to journalists reporting actual news instead of trying to generate hype.

• Like 1

I too am totally fed up of the media hype that has gone on through this whole affair, mis reporting, selective reporting, misleading photographs taken using camera angles to adjust the perception to what the media want, I think that without all the media interference, that things might have been a lot better, media reporting of a run on toilet rolls created a national run on toilet rolls, where does it all end.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Good! Hope he gets nicked! 

I haven't tried to get in a pub yet. Me and Mrs Nog are testing the water on Wednesday when hopefully it will have settled down. We have a table booked. Mrs N is eyeing up the gin menu already :default_icon_e_surprised:

Doubt that he will.  Most who do the 'nicking' are of his mindset .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

Farage's claim that he flew back the same day, and as such, was able to do the 14 day quarantine is just tosh. Because of the time difference between the UK and that part of the USA, all flights back arrive early the next morning, the 21st. And that's quite apart from the fact he would have had to change flights at one of the gateway airports within New York, Chicago, Washington etc. This means his 14 day quarantine would not end until today.

The police say they are going to investigate. Let's hope they do, because this man is clearly trying to take us for fools.

Tulsa.jpg

• Like 1

Well, as I'm a floating voter, I don't allegiances. The point I would like to make is that those who think of themselves as the political elite in this country, also have the mind that the rules are not made for the likes of them. Boris's dad, Dominic Cummings, Catherine Calderwood, the Scottish medical officer, Prof. Neil Ferguson, on the  Sage Committee, and now Nigel Farage.  Sure there will be more.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Open question to all (cos that's what open questions are)...

If an MP from the party you support has committed this faux pas, would you be complaining and calling on police action? 

Faux pas? A little more than that.  A flagrant breach of the law.  Yes I would  !

• Like 2