CB radio fun.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi all, What you`re about to read is 100% true. This is a quick tale about a night at Gt Yarmouth yacht station. In October 89, a friend and i had the Mandarin (a DC30 now known as "Muppett too") from Maffett cruisers for a week, and for the first weekend we had a couple of girls with us :naughty::naughty: , though they could only stay the weekend and had to get the train home on the Monday morning, so we had the rest of the week by ourselves :naughty::naughty::naughty: and when returning from the Northern rivers, we decided to stop off at Gt Yarmouth on the Thursday evening. As some forumites may know from some of my photo`s, we always used to take a CB radio with us for a little fun with the locals. On this particular night, we`d been successful in doing a wind up on some poor local who`d jumped in his car to try and find us. He got very close in tracking our signal, but obviously did`nt consider we`d be on a boat, so we left him to go on his merry way, and decided to turn our attentions to a lady who was`nt having any success at reaching the person she was calling. The lady in question turned out to have a similar sense of humour to me and my mate Andy, and so the conversation took on a more "adult" tone. After a little while, things were becoming a little more personal, and then one of us started telling her what we would like to do with her. Now, it was`nt just the tone of the conversation that was getting more adult, the language was too, and the lady was just as "lively?" in return. All of a sudden, there was a knock on the window, and we thought it might be the guy who we`d wound up earlier, but no, this very polite gentleman said, "sorry to disturb you, but i think you should know your transmission is interfearing with the TVs on ALL the boats behind, and we can hear what you`re saying". :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:, then went on to ask us if she DID turn up, could we send her to the boat behind when we`ve finished :lol::lol::lol::lol: .......... Regards to all ............... Neil.

Brings back memories Niel as we had a CB on a hire boat in those days and met a good few locals and remember a crowd in Lowestoft when we moored at Oulton Broad who would give out information and on a Sunday ran a quiz.Plagued by youngsters in those days I doubt if this generation would know what a CB radio is :)

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Karen and i moved into our bungalow four and a half years ago, so when i cleared out my flat, i threw away 3 of them. aerials and all. If you go through my "my photo`s throughout the years" thread in the photo section, you`ll see a couple of pictures which include a CB, and some really dodgy haircuts too :oops::oops::lol::lol: .

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Brings back memories Niel as we had a CB on a hire boat in those days and met a good few locals and remember a crowd in Lowestoft when we moored at Oulton Broad who would give out information and on a Sunday ran a quiz.Plagued by youngsters in those days I doubt if this generation would know what a CB radio is :)

So come on then Roy, what was your "handle" then good buddy :oops::oops::lol::lol::lol: .

I had some great fun duringn the CB era,firstly on AM and then on Legal FM,I had a Cobra 148 which the rig to have then and you could get both the legal and illegal channels,you could also go higher or lower to get some peace away from the CB idiots and you could have a chat in peace with your mates.

My Handle on AM was "Hurricane" and my Handle on FM was " Dirty Harry", we had a local CB club in Norwich which met Sunday evenings were we would meet up,exchange card's etc.

On the fun side my wind up handle was " Fishy Fingers" I had a few laughs and wind ups using that.

So next time you see me,remember Eyeball Eyeball,Good Buddy 10-10

Do you copy me