Breaking News

JennyMorgan

More incisive reporting from the EDP there.

We don't know what happened, we don't know to whom it happened, we don't know what boat it was and we don't know what time it happened.

Let the speculation begin.

I reckon it was a dawn raid on someone who arrived on their boat Friday and went to bed before 23:59

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If you look elsewhere you will see that this has already been explained by someone who was there, it was not a hire boat.

A running commentary on another forum , given by the wife of the tow boat owner, said the incident wasn’t hire boat related  and involved three policemen with tasers giving chase in the tow boat up the Bure. Police managed to board the vessel and a man was arrested.

The boat was apparently the "Asgard" on passage back from Friesland and Norderney and put into Yarmouth because of the high winds. She was on passage to Howth in Eire. The boat's registered owner is someone called "Childers"

• Like 2

The plot thickens!

Do you know that I am of a certain age, and can remember when the EDP  won prestigious awards for it's content and quality of journalism?

• Like 3

I wonder if it's the tow boat that moored up at the pump out place at Great Yarmouth? Other side from the Yacht Station. 

I've an idea the guy used to post, either on here or t'other side. Called himself Knackered Sailor or something similar. Of course I could be completely up the creek as usual  :default_icon_rolleyes:  

You are quite right Howard and a nice bunch they are too.   Hard working and not by all accounts to get their hands dirty to make themselves a living.       From what I have read ,  and I am beginning to think I have dreamt all of this, it was a boat moored at Gt Yarmouth sheltering from the winds, a boat on its way to Eire.   The nitty gritty details of who got their collar felt is another story.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hylander said:

If you look elsewhere you will see that this has already been explained by someone who was there, it was not a hire boat.

A running commentary on another forum , given by the wife of the tow boat owner, said the incident wasn’t hire boat related  and involved three policemen with tasers giving chase in the tow boat up the Bure. Police managed to board the vessel and a man was arrested.

The original post has been updated by the tow boat owners wife and shows a picture of the seized cruiser under Police guard. It is a sporty type open top cruiser flying a pirates flag. Members of the other forum say it was moored up at Horning Staithe  yesterday lunchtime and kept tooting the horn. Looking at the name on the side it seems to be a double barrelled name.

Is there some reason why somebody just can't post here what is being said elsewhere? Veiled references and cloak and dagger hints get a bit tedious.

I've been a member just over three years now and every now and then there are references to other places and such like. I get that something must have happened once but there must be quite a few members now who, like me, haven't a clue and just wish people would speak up about what they know or if it really is some big secret don't mention it at all!

Thank you 😁

• Like 13

In the early days we had some, shall I say, 'robust' moderators, who got very hot under the collar about references to other forums, principally the NBF. There were a couple of big bust ups about it, so many folk now, including me, refer to it as the other place, over there and such like. That's probably the main alternative but you do of course have Facebook and vociferous individuals such as Mr Weston. I've no idea what this particular one refers to however. It might be more polite if folks exchanged PM's privately as to announce them on the Forum does make it seem a bit cliquey I agree :default_biggrin:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well to put one to bed ,  I looked on Miles Weston's forum this morning and could not see anything relevant.   I dont do faceache.   There is no hard and fast rule on here that you can contribute to another forum.  I have been on other forums for donkey's years.    In fact a lot of old timers on here are on a lot of other forums .   it kind of reminds me when ITV could never mention the Beeb for some reason and visa versa.      

• Like 1