Well, Is It Busy?

Victoryv

Not as bad as I thought it would be.  Currently moored on Womack Dyke.  We’ve had a walk into the village and there are spaces at the staithe.  
Not sure if Ynys Mon is sheltering in Hunters Yard from the stiff wind, but there’s one of their yachts moored flying the Welsh flag.

5C8075A5-8692-4AAA-9ACA-660E3C576CC4.jpeg

8825545D-2CCD-4A35-981C-A090510BD0AE.jpeg

CC543428-B1D8-4440-BE26-B8191CD13F4A.jpeg

FEC65CAD-582E-44D8-B9C9-B858859ED3AD.jpeg

1B20AEAD-703F-47C6-97C1-E10A913C200D.jpeg

9BFB3F28-3E95-48DF-8AE1-F7E9DD30283C.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Not sure if Ynys Mon is sheltering in Hunters Yard from the stiff wind, but there’s one of their yachts moored flying the Welsh flag.

Have they let the Welsh out of Wales yet?      I ask as everything is being eased peacemeal.   

Mouldy thank you for sharing your lovely photos. Looks wonderful there. I’m often torn between mooring along the Dyke or at the Staithe. If the tides are high then the Staithe wins so that we can stern moor and I can actually get off the boat!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Not sure if Ynys Mon is sheltering in Hunters Yard from the stiff wind, but there’s one of their yachts moored flying the Welsh flag.

Have they let the Welsh out of Wales yet?      I ask as everything is being eased peacemeal.   

No because  they spotted a leak  and shut up shop in case:default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SwanR said:

. . . . . . . .I’m often torn between mooring along the Dyke or at the Staithe. If the tides are high then the Staithe wins so that we can stern moor and I can actually get off the boat!!

Don’t mind mooring at the staithe to go to the shops, but the dyke wins every time for an overnight stay.  Depending on the weather, there is the potential for some sunset or sunrise photos, although I can’t honestly see me getting up at silly o’clock to catch the sunrise, coupled with my preference not to have other boats either side over night.

Thanks for you kind comments regarding the photos.  They’re just off my phone.  I’ll post up some others when we go home and I download the memory cards.

• Like 1

Actually, taking a closer look at your pictures, you look as if you have a nice little step at the back rather than having to clamber on and off from the freeboard at side on moorings. That would be great for me. 

6 hours ago, Victoryv said:

Probably venture through the bridge mid week, covering all eventualities, we will be in our camper with a motorcycle in the back.

Most people can't get a boat under that bridge and you're going to try it in a camper van?!!! :default_icon_e_surprised:

3 hours ago, Victoryv said:

Sounds like we will be leaving the bike in the van

Best waterproof the electrics then...:facepalm:

Been to the ferryhouse at surlingham and although chaotic very civilised, I say chaotic because the best systems go to crap once joe public gets involved and evolves as it goes, everyone was behaving very well and being cautious as it got worked out but safer than your normal day in a supermarket, top job Sonia, I hope it gets more streamlined and more efficient(I know it will), tell pubs what sauces you want ahead of time if eating as the rest have to get binned once placed on tables and they are struggling to survive as it is, keep the overheads as low as you can for them.

Now for an idea, with track and trace pubs want contact details so a cheap sheet of address labels will save some time and pen contact, you don't need to put address on them just a working gmail address (spam avoidance) phone number and name.

Richard at snugtopz has done a blinder on flexible screens from boat canopy windows, what a superb idea!

Back at home one of my locals have done a superb job and felt very secure, the other is doing the bare minimum to be allowed to open and doesn't really care, guess where I will be spending my money for the foreseeable future......

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Now for an idea, with track and trace pubs want contact details so a cheap sheet of address labels will save some time and pen contact, you don't need to put address on them just a working gmail address (spam avoidance) phone number and name.

Good tip that :91_thumbsup:

20 hours ago, SwanR said:

Mouldy thank you for sharing your lovely photos. Looks wonderful there. I’m often torn between mooring along the Dyke or at the Staithe. If the tides are high then the Staithe wins so that we can stern moor and I can actually get off the boat!!

Don’t forget the few spaces on the island as well 

• Like 1