how far away

loribear

We live at Hawkinge Kent.  If we don't stop en route its just under 3hours on a good day and Dartford Tunnel in our favour-its really got to be a 'long weekend' to be viable.  This weekend is a 'jolly boys' trip from Saturday through to Wednesday, can't wait, give us a wave if you see us or better still, buy us a pint!! Regards Alan. cheersbar  :wave  cheersbar

It's not so much the distance but the actual route we have to take  that is my biggest bugbear!  However, this year, as we will be accompanied for our first week by a couple of family members,  we will be staying overnight in Derby and will, thankfully, avoid the hell that is the M25 (at least on the way there!)

Even better from my point of view, I will be travelling to Derby by train, (1st class, of course,) as my husband actually works near Evesham and it seemed pointless for him to come all the way home only to have to retrace his steps.  The only downside is that since he will be taking all the paraphenalia  (including clothes etc.) that I feel is indispensible up to Warwickshire on Monday morning, I'm having to sort everything out a week early, just when the turn in the weather means I could get in some relaxing time in the  garden.

• Like 1

As for the journey home - not bothered about this since we became owners - it took away that horrible last morning / handing the boat back feeling

Griff

Griff got me pondering a bit about the awful feeling I used to have when leaving the hire boat behind and whether I still get that terrible feeling now that we have Royal Tudor. As usual I got to waffling so stuck it in the blog...now the question is...am I mad to feel this way?

I came down to give one of our new owners training on the boat in late May.

I left early in the morning for the 3 hours plus journey in order to get to Brundall before 10.00am, it rained all the way down to the Broads, all the 5 hours of training and all the way back to Sheffield.

Still it was time on the boat, enough said!

Regards

Alan

• Like 2