Shielding And Me.

From today the guildlines on shielding relax slightly. From now on I can form a bubble of six meeting outside.Therefore Alan,Dave,Nicola and her husband  Phil could meet me.Still not meant to visit  shops or anywhere  indoors. From 1 August shielding  ends in England. Must admit  that is a little  concerning. Still will ,deal with that as it comes.This whole period  of my life has at times been difficult to deal with.I feel for many that live on there own many in flats. All said and done very pleased we have almost got the house  in the right place to sell,and aim.to be in Norfolk  or Suffolk this time next year.I have taken the advice  very seriously,but we will go up to the boat next week for a few days.Very much looking  forward  to it.Not sure where,may be Berney and back. For me it will be like Christmas, birthdays rolled into one.Sheilding has often been very difficult to deal with to get the news on my birthday  that I would  need to sheild for 12 weeks at least  was not the present I hoped for.

I now will start to look forward  to the future, and hopefully a better time for all of us.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I now will start to look forward  to the future, and hopefully a better time for all of us.

I think the vast majority of us are hoping for better times ahead.  Whatever the pressures that we’ve endured for the past few weeks, it’s easy to forget that there are a huge number of people in the world that would give a great deal to have the lives we have, though, lockdown or otherwise.

Perhaps it may have recalibrated our thoughts to focus on how lucky we are in the big scheme of things.

All the best for your return to a new normal and enjoy going to your boat.  We’ll keep a watch out when we return to the southern rivers next week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like you need a chance to build some confidence in how things are now Ian. I can’t imagine having been asked to be as shut away as you have been. It will be a real boost to get away to the boat soon. And I wish you all the best with your plans to move. 

• Thanks 1

There's no doubt  many many have suffered  much more then me.I am grateful  for my position. In all my life  I've never had to deal with something  like this it has knocked  my confidence without  question. Think the NHS/Government got it right with shielding,what worries me going forward is the affects on us in terms of mental health and yes building  confidence. Before lockdown my main health  concern was and is COPD.Something I learnt to live with. Work wise I often , out worked those half my age.Not bad for a 60+ with COPD.A real worry for me is this pneumonia, it may have made my COPD  worse.When I can will get my breathing checked.Normally August. Believe me next week I will be like a kid with a new toy.

• Like 3

Ian get yourself (and Marina if you must) to SK, we are going on Wed so if you needed anything we could help out.

OH you need marina to drive you there but if you load up the car for a few nights R&R you can shelter as safely on the boat as at home, just don't stop while travelling between the two.

paul

6 hours ago, ZimbiIV said:

I am not frightened of Marina! 

I know you are a kind man and would let me have a head start to run away.

Marina you know this is just in jest ( I hope ).

Anyway a cup of tea and she is just a pussycat.

paul

Paul, you are at it again :default_eusa_naughty:, but as it has been a long time since we last chatted face to face I may let you off, only may :default_eusa_dance:.

One thing, I am never a pussycat, even with a cup of tea, but maybe with a bar of Dark Chocolate may work :default_icon_luvlove::default_icon_luvlove:.

Will you still be at the boat the falling Wed 15th?

All the best.

Marina :default_stinky:

Yes Marina we don't intend to come home until the 19th then go back to our usual 2 weeks home, 2 weeks boat.

If you are down on the 15th I may even have Zimbi back to white with a grey hood instead of probably green all over.

paul

• Like 1

Well today  I've felt in  the best of health in over two weeks.Think the infection  is starting  to go. This morning I took what I thought was my last antibiotic. My breathing is still not brilliant. I was looking forward  to some red wine this weekend. Then this afternoon  I had a call from the Doctor he told me to take another course of  antibiotics and to have one more xray next month. Still wondering  weither to have a covad test.I don't think I did get it,but may put my mind at rest. This pneumonia was more serious  then I thought at first.

Hope you don`t get the thingy after pneumonia that I had, can`t remember what it is called but the areas between ribs dry out so you feel like you are being stabbed with knitting needles all the time. My dose of pneumonia did put me in hospital on a drip for a few weeks mind and yes I have COPD now as well.

My  pneumonia I was in hospital  for five days,on a drip and oxygen 27 7 then at home on oxygen for a week,coming  off slowly  each day.

Interested in what you said about "the thingy".All day today I have a shape pain between my neck and my arm.Very uncomfortable. I wonder if its the same thing.